Form 16A & 27D to be Clear

Vishal Jain (Service) (44 Points)

27 July 2010  

TDS certificate and filing of ‘statement of TDS’ (TDS return) vide Notification No. 41/2010; SO No.
1261(E) dated 31.05.2010.

In above Notification New Form 16 & 16A introduced, I want clear some doubts.

1. CIT(TDS) : The  deductor  shall  furnish  the  address  of  the  Commissioner  of  Income‐tax  (TDS) having  jurisdiction  as  regards  TDS  statements  of  the  assessee.

In above heading I furnish deductee CIT(TDS) or deductor's CIT(TDS).

I deduct TDS of a party in April 4 Times, in May 3 times and in june 5 times and deposited in three challans for respective months.

2. Summary of payment : In new form 16A there is heading "Summary of payment: which includes (1) Amount paid/credited (2) Nature of payment (3) Date of payment / credit.

In point no. 3, I dedcut Tax in the month of Apr 4 times so I show 4 items or monthly totals. If showing monthly totals, what is date of payment of credit?

3. Summary of tax deducted at source in respect of deductee: In this heading in column no. 3 "Amount of tax deducted in respect of the deductee" its total or itemwise details?

4. II. DETAILS OF TAX DEDUCTED AND DEPOSITED IN THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT THROUGH CHALLAN : in this heading show Challan wise detail or payment / credit wise details?

bcaz of there Form may be lengthy or showing incomplete data.

All above doubts in Form 27D also.

I have attached the sample FOrm 16A for ref. pl guide.