Foreign money to indian bank accounts

Hello,

My question is this:

I am an Indian individual holding an account with an Indian Bank.

Now I will be receiving money from foreign sources outside India. This money is to conduct charitable programs or sometimes I get paid for content writing, freelance journalism etc.

What are the issues with the Income Tax Department?

Am I answerable to anyone about these amounts?

Is there a limit on the amount of money that I can receive?

Will this be looked upon as a donation made to me and taxable in my hands?

Would be grateful for clarifications on this topic.

Thanks,

Aneesh

Replies (1)
Dear aneesh being a resident in India all income earned including from foreign will get taxable in your hand. But if you create a trust and then you receive that amount in that then treatment will be different. Regards

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details