For ISCA,Is New Module Applicable For Nov'10 CA Final(New)?

Devang ( ) (38 Points)

22 July 2010  

I am going to appear for CA Final (New Course) Exams this November i.e. Nov’10. I have started my study preparations but I have one serious doubt regarding the Institute’s study material for one of the subject namely, Information Systems Control and Audit (ISCA) – paper 6.

I registered for CA Final one year back and got all my study modules then. But it has come to my notice that new module is being provided by the Institute for the students registering now for this one particular subject.

On comparison of old and new Module, it was observed that, there is a vast difference in the matter. The chapter number and names remained the same but the inside matter has been greatly modified especially for chapter number 1, 2, 3 and 10. Lots of topics have been omitted in the New Module whilst, a lot many new topics have been added which never existed in the old module.

Since, the exams are approaching there is a great dilemma and rumor spreading going on amongst the students as to which Module to refer. There is no notification regarding the same on the website. The only question is: "Is the revised module (published in March 2010) applicable to the batch of November 2010? or should we study from the old module provided to us at the time of registration for Finals?"

I would highly appreciate if anyone can clarify this issue so all the students having same problem like me can clearly focus on their studies and more importantly from the right study material.

Thanking you in advance,

Regards,

Devang Dalal