Fixed Asset Register

Page no : 2

G Aditya (Article) (289 Points)
Replied 09 June 2010

Originally posted by : Ram Prakash Gautam

sir,

plz give me knowledge about CARO ????

I am providing u a summary..

CARO refers to companies auditors report order,2003.

IT CONTAINS A LIST OF OBSERVATIONS AND DISCLOSURES TO BE MADE IN AUDIT REPORT BY THE AUDITOR AFTER COMPLETION OF AUDIT. AUDITOR GIVES HIS OPINION BASED ON ABOVE OBSERVATIONS.

1. Applies to every company including a foriegn company u/s 591 of companies act.

2.Does not applies to a banking, insurance and company licensed to operate u/s 25

3. DOES NOT apply to a private limited company-

WHOSE PAID UP CAPITAL AND RESERVES DOES NOT EXCEED 50 LACS AND

WHICH DOES NOT HAVE ANY LOAN OUTSTANDING EXCEEDING RS 25 LACS FROM ANY BANK OR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION AND

WHICH DOES NOT HAVE A TURNOVER EXCEEDING RS 5 CRORES.

ALL THESE CONDITIONS IF EXIST TOGETHER THEN ONLY REPORTING REQUIREMENT NEED NOT BE COMPLIED..EVEN IF ANY ONE CONDITION IS NOT APPLIED THEN CARO WILL BE APPLICABLE  TO THAT PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY.

1 Like

santosh s (service) (20 Points)
Replied 24 June 2010

Dear All,

Good day....

Can such register be maintained electronically e.g. in excel format or Manually.

Kindly advise 

(Guest)

No, Register cant be maintained under the E-mode.

santosh s (service) (20 Points)
Replied 29 June 2010

Noted & thank  u very much indeed

vivek (CS) (751 Points)
Replied 29 June 2010

Fixed Asset register is not a statutory register under Companies Act, 1956. It is requirement of CARO.

shubhra (Company Secretary) (64 Points)
Replied 29 October 2011

section 209 [1][c] talks about proper books of account with respect to the asset and liabilities of the company.

dilip (a/c assistant) (21 Points)
Replied 17 February 2012

hi i am dilip have you any formate as per caro for fixed assets register, if yes please send me on my email id : dilipryadav_1983 @ yahoo.com dilip

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: