Poonawalla fincorps
Poonawalla fincorps

Finance vs, accounts

Page no : 3

CA Lokesh Pokharna (CA (Ahmedabad Bhilwara Chittorgarh))   (4128 Points)
Replied 22 September 2012

@ sanjay-  As per my  knowledge budgeting is a  forecasting activity, which based on post mortem activity i.e. own past accounting data,,(if its a  existing co.) & based on peer companies data( if its a new co.)

CHAITANYA (C.A.; C.S.) (90 Points)

Originally posted by : pooja

What is the difference between finance and accounts

in very simple language:

finance is a function of business it includes anything regarding money in organisation

finance is a blood of organisation, finance is science and is universally applicable to all enterprises

while, accounting is recording of transactions for reporting purpose,

accounting is legal requirement, just laws and regulations which may vary nation to nation or fenterprise to enterprise

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)

Originally posted by : Sanjay Bag

"accounting is a post mortem activity & finance is a borning activity.... this is a big difference  , which i have learnt from my life till now.."

Mr. Lokesh I am not fully agreed with you, if so that do you call budgeting as post mortem activity.

Dear Bag, Mr. Lokesh Put Here His Views, Not Answer, This is Not for Contradiction.

Views You Can Put Also.

Tejas Shah (Deputy Manager ( Finance & Accounts ))   (211 Points)

How about this.

Finance is Life Line Activity.

Accounts is Life saving Activity.

CA Sanjay Bag (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (3340 Points)

Dear Mr. Agarwal Accountancy is Science, it is not not an art, so that we can give our view. On the contrary it should be based on real logic.

Ashish (Student) (144 Points)
Replied 23 September 2012

Dint get the answer to the question i clicked this  link for.......but its funny......everyone tried despite of the fact that they knew it or not.......almost every Answer starts with ---In simple words---, try hitting me with ---in better words---instead

Only answer I liked was of the one who asked the question, But due to all confusing statements stil didn't get a reliable answer.

Way to go CCites.

CA.Ankur Khandelwal (Owner) (281 Points)
Replied 23 September 2012

identification of requirement of fund, arrangement and utilization of fund is finance and booking of all these transaction is account

edupristine (CFA FRM PRM FM training institute)   (325 Points)
Replied 25 September 2012

financial accounting is more concerned with the reporting of historical financial 

tulsi gupta (accounting services) (38 Points)

Accounting is post martem job whereas Finance is to look for Future  possibilities.

Uma (Student) (158 Points)

Accounts to know what are the tracation happened in past.

Finance to know how to make future accounts (future planning (investiments)) 

1 Like

edupristine (CFA FRM PRM FM training institute)   (325 Points)
Replied 05 October 2012

The CFA® exam is the gold standard of financial certification exams for over 60 years.The CFA program is inexpensive compared to a full-time MBA program

Back in the Game (a) (1273 Points)
Replied 05 October 2012

Finance= Money Creation

Accounts=Recording past events in business.

it cant get simpler than this..The latter doesnt create money.

CA Rakesh Goenka (CA & CS) (872 Points)
Replied 05 October 2012

Two words often bandied about in the business world are "accounting" and "finance." These words are often used in ways that might confuse a listener into thinking that they're interchangeable, but that isn't the case. These two words have different definitions and applications, so if you're in a situation where you must use them, it's best to know how to use them correctly.

Accounting

• Accounting is the practice done by accountants. It's the management of money for a person or organization. Accountants can work for almost type of organization: If the flow of money and the keeping of records related to this flow is a part of a business, that business may have cause to hire an accountant.

Finance

• "Finance" is a much broader term than accounting. Everything that exists as a part of money and business is under the umbrella of "finance." The stock market, bonds, taxes, international exchanges of currency and anything related to this is part of finance.

Accounting vs. Finance

• The main difference between accounting and finance can be summed up best by saying that accounting is a facet of finance. They are related, much like the words "cooking" and "food." "Finance," like "food," is a vast term. It encompasses many features of business and money. "Accounting" describes the practice of managing the money that exists as a part of finance, in the same way that "cooking" describes the management and preparation of food.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: