Final NEW Course- My Journey

Srikant Parthasarathy (CA) (153 Points)

06 September 2009  

So Here We Go!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Financial Reporting is the Show Stealer!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is some pretty easy marks up for grabs here................... So work on Consolidation, Reporting on instruments and Share based Payments, IFRS and the Paper is yours

.........................................................................................................................................................................

2)Strategic FInancial Management (MAFA)is the kind of paper that is going to make you feel like the world is going to end tomorrow.................. The first question is always an advanced question on Quantitative Metrics................. very difficult to crack especially under exam conditions..... IT will make you feel like chucking the Answer scriptt on the Invigialtor and storm from the hall............ DO NOT PANIC!!!!!!!!!!! ............ Try to take a look at the other questions and get a feel of the paper....... Let me warn you ....... You cannot expect mammoth marks here!

.....................................................................................................................................................................

3) Audit is the kind of paper that has its emphasis on ethics and advanced techniques of POST MORTEM! Work on the ethical aspects and CAAT and this paper can be a "Group total Enhancer"

...........................................................................................................................................................................

4)Law ...................... If you understand Correctly..... though there is emphasis on corporate law you cannot overlook the importance given to allied laws..... work on banking and insurance laws....SARFAESI and money laundering are quite important...... try to grab a copy of TAXMANN COMPANIES ACT......... you will get a feel of it!!!!!

....................................................................................................................................................................

5) Advanced management Accounting( Costing) ------ I am a CIMA Finalist.... so Costing was more of a cakewalk for me...... So really Cannot comment from your perspective!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6) Information System Control Audit..................... ICAI has remodelled this paper to cater to the industry needs........ seemingly interesting!!!!! so stick to the module and try to get the Logic behind COCO, Bitish Standards, ISACA, COBIT..................... glance through the Module if the above abbreviations seems "out-of-the-blue" to you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7) Direct Tax.............. Get one thing straight!!!! ICAI is ancient and its thinking is ancient too....... so they place much emphasis on TAX..... specifically Direct TAX........... so try to keep the CASE LAWS on your finger tips........ I used to make my Grandmom ask me the CASES everyday........ try to grab SINGHANIA "AND" Manoharan.... yes you heard it right....BOTH..... it may seem mammoth but it eventually pays off!!! Supplement it with BARE ACT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8) The thumb rule for DT holds good for IDT too........... Channel your energy towards EXCISE and Service Tax........... work till the SUB RULE level ...... that is mere learning of RULES would not suffice..... CASE LAWS is GOD!!!!! never forget!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To sum up........ always try to give the module a complete read at least once!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps!

P.S - The above Recommendations are specific to FINAL (NEW) Course