Easy Office
LCI Learning

FINAL ANSWER

Page no : 3

CA Dhiraj Ramchandani (CA, M. com) (10823 Points)
Replied 05 November 2009

Guys, refer my first post, that is started wid one...

IT CLEARLY STATES THAT IT CAN BE SET OFF.......

Wo para, main apne ghar se nahi laya., i've got that from some i-tax site, which reffered that UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION can be set off against SALARY...

"Before that, even now, i believe that UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION CANNOT BE SET OFF AGAINST SALARY... BUT THEN, I GOT THIS FROM A TAX SITE THAT IT CAN BE...  SO I GOT CONFUSED AND WANTED YOUR VIEWS...."

Replied 05 November 2009

Moreover, i was not even paying attention to this topic earlier.. But then, various of my frnds, and the members overhere argued that its alllowed, so i finally searched out that.., thats it...

If others are agreeing that its allowed, than there must be some base with them.., i wanted that...

As above, MR. KABIRSEN has already given some logical answer for the same...

CA Trinath Galla (student) (3130 Points)
Replied 05 November 2009

in which site did u get dat?

Replied 05 November 2009

dhiraj do u rem dat i had told u the lines contained in singhania book?

(Guest)
Originally posted by :D н ! я σ √
" Guys, refer my first post, that is started wid one...

Wo para, main apne ghar se nahi laya., i've got that from some i-tax site, which reffered that UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION can be set off against SALARY...

"Before that, even now, i believe that UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION CANNOT BE SET OFF AGAINST SALARY... BUT THEN, I GOT THIS FROM A TAX SITE THAT IT CAN BE...  SO I GOT CONFUSED AND WANTED YOUR VIEWS...."
"

Arey yaar we hv also not taken it from home.....

In V.K.Singhania(ready reckoner)under sec 32(2)it is clearly written that it  is CAN be CARRIED FORWARD and CAN be Set off against any income OTHER THAN INCOME CHARGEABLE UNDER THE HEAD "SALARY".......(applicable from 2005-06)

(Guest)
Originally posted by :D н ! я σ √
" Guys, refer my first post, that is started wid one...

"

If anyone has more doubt regarding this ..plz check Experts Comment.."Unabsorbed dep."

After the experts comment,I think everyone would be clear in views...

Replied 05 November 2009

where is it in expert section?

provide the link!

CA Balram Sharma (CA) (839 Points)
Replied 05 November 2009

MY FRIENDFRIEND I THINK U DON'T READ THE SEC 32(2) PROPERLY

IN ACT SEC 32(2) NO WHERE PROVIDE THAT UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION CAN BE SETOFF FROM ANY HEAD OF INCOME,

ACCORDING TO BARE ACT,

IN THERE IS NO CURRENT YEAR PROFITOR GAIN, OR CURENT YEAR  PROFIT OR GAIN IS NOT SUFFICIANT ,  TO ABSORBED THE DEPRECIATION THAN,

UN ABSORBED DEPRECIATION WILL BE ADDED IN THE DEPRECIATION OF SUCCESSED YEAR,

BY THIS LANGUAGE UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION BECOME THE DEPRECIATION OF CURRENT YEAR AND ALL THE PROVISION WILL BE APPLIED TO UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION AS TO CURRENT YEAR DEPRECIATION.

Replied 05 November 2009

She's reffering the forum i think, the 'UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION"

Replied 05 November 2009

did u find that forum dhiraj?

i didn get wer it is...

Replied 05 November 2009

ya...have seen dat.

so still any one have doubt regardning dis???

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Trinath
" did u find that forum dhiraj?
i didn get wer it is...
"

chk it out..

/experts/experts_message_display.asp?group_id=270840

Replied 05 November 2009

fine...

have gine through

Replied 05 November 2009

Me... first of all me,....

LET ME CLEAR THIS AGAIN... AS I'VE BEEN THROUGH THIS WHOLE OF THE FORUM.....

"I WAS FINE WITH THE BELIEF THAT UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION CAN'T BE SET OFF AGAINST SALARY... BUT FEW OF OUR EXPERTS STATED THAT IT IS ALLOWED., SO I GOT DOUBT AND TO CLEAR THAT OUT, I CHECKED OUT ON SOME WEBSITES... FROM ONE OF THEM I GOT THAT ITS ALLOWED.... SO I WANTED TO CLARIFY MY DOUBT".....

Now, my doubt is clear, whether its allowed or not, but i won't allow it personally.. Whether anyone agrees or not, but i won't allow it anymore from now....

Replied 05 November 2009

so from this we can conclude that info collected from sites may go wrong sumtimes

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: