Filing of Trust Forms

My trust is registered under section 12A and 12AA.

I want to know which income tax forms need to file every year for Trust.

What is form 10/ Form10A/ and Form 10B I have filed this forms for previous do I need to file this forms every year or is there any other forms which I need to file every year.

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies the annual income tax filing requirements for trusts registered under sections 12A and 12AA. It addresses confusion surrounding forms like 10A (provisional registration) and 10AB (conversion to permanent registration), and the necessity of filing them annually alongside the main IT return. The user seeks guidance on due dates for Form 10AB after filing Form 10A and the consequences of missing these deadlines, particularly after commencing charitable activities.

Filing of I.T. returns every year. As far registration of trust is concern, Two separate forms have been prescribed for a trust, institution, or NGO as per the new rules: Form No. 10A: For provisional registration. Form No. 10AB: For conversion from provisional registration to permanent registration.

My trust has already filed Form 10A for 80G registration and Section 12AA. What is the due date for filing Form 10AB after filing Form 10A.

I am still not getting clear, other than Filing of IT Return every year is there any other forms which needs to be filed and what is Form 10.

Please help me with this

Please can anyone help me with this forms, i am getting confused in the forms.

I have filed the Form 10A for registration u/s 12A and it is valid for 5 years, I have to file Form 10AB before 6 months of expiry or within 6 months from commencement of charitable activities. I have started the charitable activities so i must submit the form within 6 months but i failed so what is the default for non filing of the Form 10AB.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details