FAQ for transfer to Dubai under CA course

Annu.R (CA,CS,B.Com) (2788 Points)

27 September 2011  

Frequently Asked Questions

Related to Members:

1.       Who is eligible to be a member of the Dubai Chapter of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (DCAI)?

2.       How do I become a member of the Chapter?

3.       I reside in Dubai and am already a member of ICAI in India. Is it necessary to become a member of Dubai Chapter to attend events organized by Dubai Chapter?

4.       What are the fees of the Dubai Chapter and its validity ?

5.       I am becoming member of Dubai Chapter for the first time. Do I need to pay any admission fee in addition to annual fee of AED 350/-?

6.       Where do I pay the fees for the Chapter?

7.       I have just cleared my CA final and awaiting membership number from ICAI New Delhi, Can I now become the member of Dubai Chapter?

8.       What are the benefits of becoming a member of the DCAI

9.       Can I pay the ACA, FCA membership renewal through Dubai Chapter?

10.    Does the Dubai Chapter facilitate the renewal of ACA, FCA membership?

11.    I have changed my job and need to change my address and email address. How do I do that?

12.    How can I participate in the activities of the DCAI?

13.    I want to do a presentation at the DCAI?

14.    I need information on the ICAI/DCAI.

15.    Does the DCAI assist in placements?

16.    Can I submit my Examination Application form to the DCAI?

Related to Students:

1.       When can a student join Chartered Accountancy course?

2.       Where to submit application forms for admission to C.A course?

3.       Is there any cut off date to take admission to C.A course?

4.       What is the duration of C.A course?

5.       What is the fee for doing C.A course from Dubai?

6.       Can the whole C.A course be studied in Dubai?

7.       Is there coaching classes available for the students pursuing C.A. course?

8.       When are the C.A exams held?

9.      How to apply for exams in Dubai?

10.   What is the fee for writing the exams from Dubai centre?

11.    Exam form states that the draft should be taken from a Scheduled bank. Which bank should be approached in Dubai?

12.    Do we have an exam center in Dubai?

13.    Where can we purchase the reading material for exams at Dubai?

14.      I am a C.A student registered in India but have recently moved to Dubai for employment purpose. What are the formalities that I have to comply with the Institute?

15.    Can the 100 hours of Compulsory Computer Training  be done in Dubai?

16.     Can we do the General Management and Communication Skill (GMCS) Course in Dubai?

Answers for FAQs related to Members:

1.       Who is eligible to be a member of the Dubai Chapter of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (DCAI)?

A fully qualified chartered accountant having a membership from the ICAI and residing in UAE with a valid residence visa.  Newly qualified CAs possessing valid residence visa in UAE may also apply to become provisional members by approaching the Secretary, DCAI with proof of credentials. (Go to Top)

2.       How do I become a member of the Chapter?

On establishing your eligibility to become a member you may make a payment of AED 350/- any of the Executive Committee members. Following verification of submitted data and completion of other procedural requirements you may be admitted to the membership of the DCAI. This will be communicated to you by the Chapter. (Go to Top)

3.       I reside in Dubai and am already a member of ICAI in India. Is it necessary to become a member of Dubai Chapter to attend events organized by Dubai Chapter?

Yes. While the membership of the ICAI is essential for the purpose of accredition of your professional qualification that of the DCAI will entitle you to participate in the Chapter's activities and attend the various technical seminars. . (Go to Top)

4.       What are the fees of the Dubai Chapter and its validity?

The DCAI charges annual membership fees to enable it to conduct its various activities. This is currently AED350/- P.A. The fees are for 12 month membership, from 1st July- 30th June.  (Go to Top)

5.       I am becoming member of Dubai Chapter for the first time. Do I need to pay any admission fee in addition to annual fee of AED 350/-?

No. The joining member needs to pay fees only for the prevalent July-June period. Such amount is payable in full even where the application is made at any point during that term.  (Go to Top)

6.       Where do I pay the fees for the Chapter?

For the convenience of members, fees may be paid:

a.       In cash or by cheque, at the venue of any event organized by the DCAI, to the Treasurer or his nominee. Please ensure to collect your receipt in acknowledgement.

b.       By cheque and forwarded to The Secretary, DCAI. A receipt will be faxed in due course. 

All cheques should be crossed as Account Payee and payable to 'Dubai Chapter of ICAI'.(Go to Top)

7.       I have just cleared my CA final and awaiting membership number from ICAI New Delhi, Can I now become the member of Dubai Chapter?

Newly qualified CAs may apply to become provisional members by approaching the Secretary, DCAI with proof of credentials. Please also refer to question 1 above. (Go to Top)

8.       What are the benefits of becoming a member of the DCAI

The DCAI exists to provide its members a common platform at which they can interact and gain further knowledge from the various technical seminars, presentations and meetings that are periodically organized. Besides, the Chapter organizes various social activities in which the member can participate. (Go to Top)

9.       Can I pay the ACA, FCA membership renewal through Dubai Chapter?

Yes. Such fees are payable through ICAI Office at Knowledge Village, Dubai . The Institute has also recently launched a portal to assist in the collection of fees (please click here to get connected to the link). Dubai Office of the ICAI will facilitate members in such renewals. (Go to Top)

10.   Does the Dubai Chapter facilitate the renewal of ACA, FCA membership?

Yes. (Go to Top)

11.   I have changed my job and need to change my address and email address. How do I do that?

Please login under your specific user ID and update your profile. All subsequent correspondence will be addressed accordingly. Please do note that such data will be only for the records with the DCAI and the member should separately update the records with the ICAI. (Go to Top)

12.   How can I participate in the activities of the DCAI?

It is essential to be a member of the DCAI to participate. If the member wishes to be included in any sub-committee of the Chapter he may express his interest to do so by including details under the member's profile. To be part of the Management Committee of the DCAI, the member should seek to be elected by other members of the DCAI. (Go to Top)

13.   I want to do a presentation at the DCAI?

The member should approach the Secretary, DCAI with atleast an outline of what is proposed. If the topic is decided as being of interest and suitable to be presented to the members of the DCAI, the speaker will be advised accordingly. (Go to Top)

14.   I need information on the ICAI/DCAI.

As an initial step, the member is encouraged to peruse this site, which has included most topics of interest to the member under various headings. If this has proved to be inadequate or other information is desired, the member may choose to write to the DCAI by selecting the appropriate contact under the 'contact us' section on the home page. (Go to Top)

15.   Does the DCAI assist in placements?

Such activities are regulated by the Economic Department. The DCAI does not therefore provide this as a formal service. However, by way of offering an incidental service to its members, a section has been included, wherein we will seek to post any vacancies advised to the DCAI. The member may wish to periodically review this section, to become aware of any requirements that may arise from time to time. (Go to Top)

16.   Can I submit my Examination Application form to the DCAI?

The DCAI assists in conducting the various examinations of the ICAI in Dubai. However all examinee related documentation should continue to be dealt with the ICAI direct. Assistance may however be sought from the Dubai Office of the ICAI. (Go to Top)

Answers for FAQs related to Students:

1.     When can a student join Chartered Accountancy course?

(i) Enrol  with  the  Institute  for  Common  Proficiency  Test  (CPT)  after  passing  class  10th examination  conducted  by  an  examining  body  constituted  by  law  in  India  or  an  examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto.

(ii) Appear  in CPT  after  appearing  in  the  senior  secondary  examination  (10+2 examination) conducted  by  an  examining  body  constituted  by  law  in  India  or  an  examination recognized by  the  Central  Government  as  equivalent  thereto  and  after  completion  of  specified period (60 days) from the date of registration for CPT with the Board of Studies as on the first day of the month in which examination is to be held, viz., students registered on or before 1st April/1st October will be eligible to appear in June/December examination, as the case may be. However, candidate   should   pass   both   CPT   and   10+2   before   registering   for   Integrated   Professional  Competence Course (IPCC).

2.       Where to submit application forms for admission to C.A course?

Application forms are submitted to one of the four Regional Offices in India depending upon the jurisdiction in which the permanent address of the students lies in India. Dubai Office of the ICAI will facilitate students for such registration.          (Go To Top)

3.       Is there any cut off date to take admission to C.A course?  

Please refer to qn 1 above  (Go To Top)

4.       What is the duration of C.A course?

Under the existing scheme, a student entering CPT  course would require a minimum period of 4 years and 6 months to pass the C.A. course under the new scheme . (Go To Top)

5.       What is the fee for doing C.A course from Dubai?

Please refer the link https://220.227.161.86/12872overview-fees.pdf. (Go To Top)

6.       Can the whole C.A course be studied in Dubai?

Yes. There is a requirement of 3 years of Articleship training which can be done in Dubai . (Go To Top)

7.       Is there coaching classes available for the students pursuing C.A. course?

C.A is basically a correspondence course in which the Institute sends all the study material to the students. Dubai office of ICAI does conduct classes for the benefit of the students. These classes are optional and are charged nominally.

Please refer the link students.  (Go To Top)

8.       When are the C.A exams held?

CPT exams are conducted twice in a year in the month of June/December . IPCC/PCC and Final exams are conducted twice in  a year in the month of May and November. (Go To Top)

9.   How to apply for exams in Dubai?

Application forms for appearing in the examination are available with the Dubai office in the month of February and August every year. You need to collect the forms from Dubai office and submit the filled up application forms back to them. Students living in Abu Dhabi can get the forms from Abu Dhabi Chapter. (Go To Top)

10.   What is the fee for writing the exams from Dubai centre?

Exam fees for writing CPT is USD 160 , IPCC/PCC is USD 350 and Final is USD 400 (Go To Top)

11.   Exam form states that the draft should be taken from a Scheduled bank. Which bank should be approached in Dubai?

Draft can be taken from any Bank or Exchange Center in Dubai drawn on any scheduled bank in India. It can be either a Dollar draft or an equivalent INR currency draft. Exchange rate for conversion would be the date of draft. Dollar draft would always be payable in US.(Go To Top) 

12.   Do we have an exam center in Dubai?

Yes the C.A exams are conducted in Indian High School at Oud Metha, Dubai. (Go To Top)

13.   Where can we purchase the reading material for exams at Dubai?

The study materials along with Suggested Answers, RTPs, compilation etc. can be purchased from Dubai office of ICAI. The suggested readings published by private publications are not available in Dubai and has to be obtained from India. (Go To Top)

14.   I am a C.A student registered in India but have recently moved to Dubai for employment purpose. What are the formalities that I have to comply with the Institute?

There is no formality associated with transfer of registration from India to Dubai. He/ She only have to intimate to the Institute regarding the change of address for correspondence so that all future correspondences be made at the new address in Dubai. (Go To Top)

15.   Can the 100 hours of Compulsory Computer Training  be done in Dubai?

No, it can be done only in India. (Go To Top)

16.   Can we do the General Management and Communication Skill (GMCS) Course in Dubai?

Yes, GMCS course can be done in Dubai. Students who have already completed 2 years of articleship training can enroll for the GMCS course in Dubai. (Go To Top)