Easy Office
Easy Office

Extension of due date of income tax return

Page no : 3

CA Dauzi Pathan Imran Khan (Chartered Accountant in Practise)   (1678 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

Originally posted by : Manali Bhagtani

I guess - It is only for those Ind & HUF : 

Having Total Income/Inc assessable ubder the Act exceeding Rs.10 Lakhs

Held Assets Abroad

I also heard the same....dats y confused...!!!can any one clarify????

Replied 01 August 2012

in consideration of the fact that the e-filing of returns for a specified category of individuals and HUF has been made mandatory, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of powers conferred under section 119 of the Income Tax Act, 1961, hereby extends the ‘due date’ of filing of returns of income for the Assessment Year 2012-13 to 31st August 2012 in respect of assessees who are liable to file such returns by 31st July 2012 as per provisions of section 139 of Income Tax Act, 1961.

These redded lines are confusing...hw to understand them????

Manali Bhagtani (Big 4 ) (43 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

Originally posted by : P IMRAN KHAN BBM

in consideration of the fact that the e-filing of returns for a specified category of individuals and HUF has been made mandatory, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of powers conferred under section 119 of the Income Tax Act, 1961, hereby extends the ‘due date’ of filing of returns of income for the Assessment Year 2012-13 to 31st August 2012 in respect of assessees who are liable to file such returns by 31st July 2012 as per provisions of section 139 of Income Tax Act, 1961.

These lines are confusinf...hw to understand them????

It is mentioned as:

.....Ind/HUF has been mandatory...........who are liable to file such returns......

so i think this is only for such specified ind/huf

Replied 01 August 2012

It is mentioned as:

.....Ind/HUF has been mandatory...........who are liable to file such returns......

in respect of assessees who are liable to file such returns by 31st July 2012 as per provisions of section 139 of Income Tax Act, 1961.

What about these lines??

vivek ahuja (consultant) (34 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

in XLS utility of efiling web site, they do not let us change the values in 234 a / b /c . only cells in green can be entered by us we can not make it zero. i think only option now is to wait for efiling web site people to update their XLS utility.

vivek ahuja (consultant) (34 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

in XLS utility of efiling web site, they do not let us change the values in 234 a / b /c . only cells in green can be entered by us we can not make it zero. i think only option now is to wait for efiling web site people to update their XLS utility.

Replied 01 August 2012

It is mentioned as:

in respect of assessees who are liable to file such returns by 31st July 2012 as per provisions of section 139 of Income Tax Act, 1961.

What about these lines??

I believe the same to be :

This due date of 31st July is only w.r.t. asseesses who are mandatorily liable for e-filing of ROI

Replied 01 August 2012

My problem is I have to file return of my client. his total income from business or profession (commission on insurance) is 12,000 and he has TDS @ 10%. so, he need to file his return. Is it okay if I file his return today (i.e in period of extended date) u/s 139(1) or it will come under 139(4) belated return.

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44679 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

Replied 01 August 2012

My problem is I have to file return of my client. his total income from business or profession (commission on insurance) is 12,000 and he has TDS @ 10%. so, he need to file his return. Is it okay if I file his return today (i.e in period of extended date) u/s 139(1) or it will come under 139(4) belated return.

If my interpretation is correct as discussed above :

Then it will be considered as Belated Return &  Interest for 1 Day will be levied 

1 Like

CMA Vikas Aggarwal (Executive(Costing)) (163 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

But as per my Interpretation, it will be considered as original return u/s 139(1) as the due date is extended.

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

it's for individuals n huf alone ...

baki co ke time pe dekhte h ....wht happens ...

CA Ghanshyam Joshi (CA, Dip IFR (ACCA UK)) (3229 Points)
Replied 01 August 2012

CBDT’s Press Release On Extension Of Due Date Of Filing Of ROI

The CBDT has issued the follwoing Press Release dated 01.08.2012

PRESS RELEASE [No. 402/92/2006-MC (20 of 2012)], dated 1-8-2012

A section of Media has reported that the Central Board of Direct Taxes has extended ‘due date’ of filing of returns to 31st August, 2012 in respect of only those returns which were to be e-filed by 31st July, 2012. It is clarified that the notification issued by the Board on 31st July, 2012 has extended the ‘due date’ of filing of all returns for the Assessment Year 2012-13 which were due to be filed by 31st July, 2012 to 31st August, 2012.

1 Like

(Guest)

Please koito balaO ki specified category of individuals and HUF has been made mandatory kya hai?

is it applicable to all assessee and huf or whose income is more than 10 lakhs?

i am so confused.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: