Easy Office
LCI Learning

excise duty on dta sale by 100%EOU

Page no : 2

sujeet (accountant) (24 Points)
Replied 27 April 2009

hi, sir 

we are in 100% EOU Unit which are exporting gold ornaments & medallions (coins) .we are manufacturing coins in our own unit .for raw material we purchase gold bars from Nova Scotia Bank Mumbai (Nominated Agency)in Export Exim Scheme .and our last year turnover was 116 crores.so what is excise Duty for us kindly help me out  

Originally posted by :PRAMOD UPASANI
" Sanjay has given good example but he forgot to mention that if C.S.T./ V.A.T. is not chargable for any reason e.g. stock transfer etc. than 4% Additional Duty of Custom has to be charge in lieu of Central Sales Tax / VAT.
Pramod Upasani -
100% E.O.U. Consultant

"

satya (Executive Excise) (1839 Points)
Replied 19 May 2009

Hi, Sir(s),

Recently our sister unit  partially(Expansion area) converted into 100% EOU unit. Before that that unit purchasing major Rawmaterial from Dealer/Depot. Now it is an EOU na. They can procure with '0' duty against CT3 from registered dealers? Kindly clarify it? and kindly inform me the duties & taxes applicable/not applicable.

Thanks in advance

(Guest)

pl. tell under which notification FOR DTA SALES excise duty for 100%E.O.U

Best Acai Berry Juice Cleanse Products Causes of Autism and Vaccines  king of fighters flash

IS 18.28%+2%+1%= 18.83%(OURS IS AROMA CHEMICAL CO.)

sunil (excise incharge) (56 Points)
Replied 09 June 2009

Originally posted by :Sanjay Dwivedi
" Cenvat Duty under Section 3 of C. Excise Act (popularly called Basic Excise Duty) is equal to the Customs Duty payable on like goods when imported. The notification 23/2003-CE exempts only 50% of the Basic Customs Duty. Thus, while computing the Customs Duty payable on like goods, the basic customs duty would be half of the duty on actual imports.
Further, on the Basic Excise duty, one has to pay Ed. Cess & SHE Cess.
The duty strucutre for DTA sales of an EOU is as per the attached file.
"

Is there any change in the duty workings at present

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate- Tax) (7806 Points)
Replied 11 June 2009

There is no change in working of the duty.

However, when the rate of excise duty has been reduced to 8%, in the claculation this rate will apply and the duty will reduce proportionately.

Gowri Shankar J. Reddi (Export Executive) (22 Points)
Replied 12 September 2009

We are an 100% EOU  and importer of copper rod. This is further processed & drawn as copper wire of various sizes. I want to know what will be the  duty payable / applicable  as on date  for DTA sale. If possible also mail me the working of the duty.

Regards.

REDDI GOWRI SHANKAR

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate- Tax) (7806 Points)
Replied 17 September 2009

Central Excise duty is payable.

If you are an EOU, duty is be calculated as per the  EoU notification.

PRAMOD UPASANI (Sr. Executive) (24 Points)
Replied 15 July 2010

I have four very important queries about 100% eou pls help

For any 100% EOU

1)  What documents required for claiming CST refund & in which form we should file it

2)  If new product needs be add in LOP (Letter of Permission) than what documents are to be given and   in which aplication we should file

3) How to apply for job work permission & what documents are required

4) How much 100% EOU can make DTA Sell in a year

Waiting eagarly for the answer

Regards,

Pramod

(Guest)

Such a nice post, it is really interesting,you are really a hard worker guy, Thanks.

Resume Writing Services

(Guest)

I m glad that I went through your blog and I would like to congratulate you on your good work..

Resume Writing Services

Phadnis (Executive) (21 Points)
Replied 15 April 2011

We are a 100% EOU operating from mumbai I want to know the procedure and rule for sending back rejected raw material which was procured duty free against the C.T.3 to the manufacturer of the said raw material

waiting for early reply

With regards

mitesh jha

Aashish Padol (EXCISE EXECUTIVE) (206 Points)
Replied 20 April 2011

Originally posted by : Sanjay Dwivedi
Cenvat Duty under Section 3 of C. Excise Act (popularly called Basic Excise Duty) is equal to the Customs Duty payable on like goods when imported. The notification 23/2003-CE exempts only 50% of the Basic Customs Duty. Thus, while computing the Customs Duty payable on like goods, the basic customs duty would be half of the duty on actual imports.
Further, on the Basic Excise duty, one has to pay Ed. Cess & SHE Cess.
The duty strucutre for DTA sales of an EOU is as per the attached file.

Dear Sir,

Thanks you for your valuable excel file. My query is,

if a manufacturer is received such invoice then which duty is available for cenvat credit.

(i.e.

a. Value     100000  
b. Basic Customs Duty   3.75% 3750
c. Value for CVD     103750
d.  Cenvat (BED)   14% 14525
e. Education Cess   2% 290.5
f. SHE Cess   1% 145.25
g. Total Customs Duty   (b+d+e+f) 18710.75
h. Ed. Cess on Cus. Duty 2% 374.22
i. SHE Cess on Cus. Duty 1% 187.11
  Total Customs Duty     19272.07

Cenvat Duty (Duty under Section 3)   19272
  Primary Ed. Cess   2% 385
  Sec. & Higher Ed. Cess 1% 193
  Total Duty payable by the EOU   19850

pl. reply, await your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Aashish

Pankaj Arora (Learner) (3134 Points)
Replied 20 April 2011

You can take cenvat credit E. cess and she cess with their respective ledger and same for custom duty…

prashant (Student) (22 Points)
Replied 03 October 2011

hello sir,

let me know that what is Dvat rate on aromatic Chemical, fragranciled/ perfumiliy Compound and effritial oil in delhi, as well as CSt Charges on this

Please

Thanks

Anshu singh (2 Points)
Replied 17 April 2017

For 100%eou excise duty shall be =50% of BCD + CVD u/s 3(1) of custom act (EC &SHEC of custom is exempt)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: