Exam vs job offer

Leni James K (Student CMA) (90 Points)

22 April 2013  

Friends need some expert advice as am under a lot of confusion. For appearing in my ICMAI Final Exams to be conducted during June 2013, I had resigned from my current job w-e-f 8th May 2013.  The reason for resigning is that I am not enjoying  working in a construction company, although the pay is good , due to manipulations of accounts and frequent visits to the tax departments for obvious reasons. Hence thought to take a month off to prepare earnestly full time at home for the exams and then join a new organization.

However  as I had registered in job sites, offers were coming  and at present I got a good offer  from one of the leading medical college including multi speciality hospital in my home town(Kerala) as Deputy Manager Finance with a CTC of Rs45000/-. I had gone to attend the interview and after a lot of deliberations they have asked me to join by 21st of May and are adamant on my joining by that date due to staff problem. However they have allowed me leave during the exam days when requested as a pre-condition for joining. Now the problem is that , should I cancel the job offer(would it be ethical from my side)  and concentrate on preparing for the exams or whether I should go ahead with the offer and join. In that case i will get only 13 full days for preparing from May 9th to May 20th. Since being a multi speciality the work load will be very high and strenous.

Also one more problem is that I had given my confirmation for joining by 21st and now am having second thoughts and hence seek some expert advise to remove the confusion.