Easy Office
LCI Learning

eTDS correction statement

Page no : 2

bhuvana (Accounts) (150 Points)
Replied 29 July 2008

Rahul ji,

the deductees have to file thier returns on or before Sep 30th. U hv u issue to TDS cert. before that. So, the correction statement has to be filed earlier to it and the corrected TDS certificate must be issued. there fore we cannot take it for granted that theres no time limit.

Jarnail singh ji,

u must hv e-filed ur TDS return for the 4th qtr ..isnt it ? therez a separate software available for  filing corrected statements. U can ck the NSDL site. it also provides the software. otherwise u can get a Skorydov package for correction statement filing. time is limited. Pls hurry up to avoid any penalty. :-)

(Guest)

Sir,

My query is that I have filed my ETDS return of 26Q for the qtr ended Mar-08 in time. But now we have found some marginal error and want to revise the same. Could we file the revised return in current days and also tell us the procedure and penalty if any thereof.

Kindly help us.

best regards,

Surinder

(Guest)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I want the information about how to file the TDS Return & when required to file TDS revised return.

Thanking You.

Yours Faithfully,

Madhura

Shyam Prasath (student) (76 Points)
Replied 22 December 2008

Click here for more details on e-filing

E - filing at a Glance

Jai Bajaj (Senior Accountant) (155 Points)
Replied 20 April 2009

Hi

I saw TDS quarterly status online and i found that for F.Y. 2007-2008 i.e. A.Y. 2008-2009 in one quarter a challane status is still showing match pending. As this is related to financial year 07-08 so i want to know what should i do. Can i revise my return now and if not than what option would be available to me. These type of problem i m facing in many companies in which there was little mistake had been left. So plz suggest me on this issue.

Ashok Kumar (C A Final Student) (57 Points)
Replied 29 May 2009

Hi, This is Ashok doing C A Final. I hav one doubt i e we have deducted excess TDS and remitted to the Govt. in 1st Quarter and filed E Tds return for 1 st quarter with in time. after filing the return we became to know that excess TDS paid. what should we do now?

Azmathullah Khan (Accounts Manager) (1386 Points)
Replied 29 May 2009

Originally posted by :Ashok Kumar
" Hi, This is Ashok doing C A Final. I hav one doubt i e we have deducted excess TDS and remitted to the Govt. in 1st Quarter and filed E Tds return for 1 st quarter with in time. after filing the return we became to know that excess TDS paid. what should we do now? "

Nothing, It better to issue the TDS certificate to the party, form whome u deducted the tds, the party will claim the TDS not U.

vedha laxmi (Chartered Accountant) (26 Points)
Replied 29 May 2009

Hello

I am vedha

Even I want to go for the correction return of e TDS.

In our case e TDS Salary return is filed and certificates is also issued for the year 2007-08. But now some of the employees for whom certificate is issued has received the letter from NSDL asking for confirmation of amount remitted to their account. But in most of the cases TDS Certificate is issued for correct amount but credit is given only for part of the amount. This has happenned due non linking of  deducted amount with remitted amount. Please help me what should be my further action in filing the correction Return. Also let me know the procedure to steps to correct the e-tds return in Relyon Software.

Thanks & Regards

Ashok Kumar (C A Final Student) (57 Points)
Replied 03 June 2009

Hello Sir,

Regarding TDS Quarterly returns Request  clarifiaction for  revised returns  for adjustment of excess payment made to the Govt.

In one of our party case we made excess TDS Deduction during the period of 1st and 2 nd quarters and the  returns also made as per scheduel. But the party is not willing to accept excess payment of TDS Certificate. In this regard, we draw a ur kind advise whether there is any possibilty to adjust the same amount  to any of the other party under the same section of payment.  Kindly give ur favourable advise with sections & codes, enable us to process the same.

Thanking U.

with regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: