EASYOFFICE

Errors with itr-3 xls and java xml utilities and e-filing

Page no : 2

Surya Kiran (10 Points)
Replied 10 July 2018

Prefilled X M L file also started working now

Vinay Narayanan (8 Points)
Replied 10 July 2018

Hi - I'm using ITR 2. I'm getting 'Please enter the source' error. In Part B - TTI,  Row 14 is disabled to yes, which is fine. 

Can you elaborate when you say FA in TTI, as in Schedule FA, we've entered nothing. 

Your help is highly appreciated!

Surya Kiran (10 Points)
Replied 10 July 2018

Yes schedule FA. If you dont need ok. Are you using excel or java ?

Replied 11 July 2018

I'm using the java utility.

In Schedule FA, nothing is filled. So how will the error go? 

Mitesh (Consultant) (22 Points)
Replied 16 July 2018

Hi,

I am getting an error of "Select an option at Point C". When I click on the error it does not direct me to the place where the error has occured. Can you please help?

Mitesh

Thomas (Technology Consultant) (37 Points)
Replied 16 July 2018

Unfortuantely Mitesh/others here, with a form like these used by lakhs of people , they have not bothered to provide reasonable hint (Tabs/Sections) where the error is flagged, when you validate (Excel) or click Save ( Java) ! This is basic stuff we all keep in mind, when we design a form like this.

Anyways - I have seen these vague errors with ITR2/3/5.  The less painless way to hunt down these errors per me is :

1. If you are using the Java utillity - save your draft. Then do preview. Your ITR form will open in a browser. Then use the Ctrl-F to find those key text in the error you get. In above case, search for 'Point C' and then find-next and see where this could be and fill those fields. 

2. If you are using Excel tool, then search across all the entire Worksheet and use the above technique.

In most cases, these are (optional) select pulldown. Hope this helps. 

Zakirhusen M Kapasi (Tax Consultant) (62 Points)
Replied 19 July 2018

in ITR 3 we are getting an error ''please select section from the drop down'' . previously the error report took us to the error page but now it doesnt. how to resolve.

Replied 19 July 2018

Hi - I'm using ITR 2. I'm getting 'Please enter the source' error. Kindly help resolving this.

I've been doing this for years but never such an issue. Which source is it asking for? Anyone who has received this error and resolved, please let me know

Maulik Shah (Article Trainee) (78 Points)
Replied 25 July 2018

In income from other sources Sr. No.4 should be blank and not zero, as it was zero the ITR was asking me for a source. see attached file.

Attached File : 809766 20180725110200 source error.doc downloaded: 141 times

Loveleen Kaur (2 Points)
Replied 26 July 2018

Hi 

I am using ITR 3 using Java utility. Despite getting 0 errors I am not able to submit the form. Is it possible if I upload the X M L file directly from the IT website or  is it mandatory to submit from java utility.

please help!

Surya Kiran (10 Points)
Replied 26 July 2018

Yes you can upload it directly from efiling website. Make sure you have latest java utility dowload

SHASHI KANT SHAHI (Partner) (22 Points)
Replied 25 March 2019

WHAT I DO, WHEN I AM FILING MY CLIENT'S REVISED INCOME TAX RETURN WITH DSC THE MESSAGE OF ERROR COMING ON SCREEN "MISMATCH OF AUDIT FLAG SELECTION 44AB IN XML AND APPLICATION PLEASE RETRY".

PLS ADVISE

REGARDS,

SHASHI KANT SHAHI

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: