Easy Office
LCI Learning

Error Message at the time of Verification of ITR-3

Page no : 2

Sudhir Trikha (GM) (52 Points)
Replied 23 August 2021

In the utility, after the Preview,next step is proceed for validation. It is where it gives error message "max length of characters should not exceed 14. It is not necessary to first save the file & then proceed. You can validate & submit return from the utility itself,not required to log into portal & then submit the return.

Samantha J (1236 Points)
Replied 24 August 2021

Validation of what? It's validation of the final file which is going to be uploaded.The file name should not be more than 14 characters .The file after validation will be uploaded and verified.So this is the solution.

Replied 24 August 2021

After downloading latest utility,you work on utility in offline mode & prepare the return,at last step, after preview there is penultimate step of validation. Once it is validated with no errors, one can go on for submission & verification steps. Just not getting where saving a file & naming a file step comes up in between. 

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (166394 Points)
Replied 24 August 2021

In protest against ADMIN for its discriminatory behavior among different members, I leave the portal permanently.  Good Bye.  

Samantha J (1236 Points)
Replied 24 August 2021

Upload image of error and screenshot just after completing preview and just before validation

Replied 25 August 2021

Hi, is your above problem of getting max length of characters should not exceed 14 ' solved ? If yes please inform so that others facing this isue may benefit. I am still facing this issue,infact same error is displayed multiple times upon validation. I have concluded that this issue is something to do with schedule 112A,but what exactly there, I m not able to figure out. All ISIN's, LTCG figures & each company name(s) are well within 14 characters limit.

v devanathan (Partner of a CA Firm) (132 Points)
Replied 25 August 2021

This error is due to decimal issue in Schedule 112A since the amount mentioned may be more than two decimal.

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/getting-error-quotamount-should-be-numberic-not-exceeding-14-character-or-numeric-quot--574852.asp

Amarjeet Kaur (self employed) (108 Points)
Replied 25 August 2021

Hello all concerned,

I have finally been able to solve the problem. The trick mentioned by "Mr. Dhirajlal Rambhia ji" worked. I could not download the pre-filled data from the portal for the last two days because the portal had been down. What I did to-day is that

1. I uninstalled the utility and again installed it.

2. Imported my saved .json file into the utility and started verifying the data afresh.

3. All my previously filled data was available. I only verified the same without much correction and confirmed all schedules.

4. Everything went smoothly and I was able to validate my return (ITR 3) without any error message.The return, however, could not be verified & uploaded as the portal is still down. The Preview has been downloaded successfully and it appears to be in order.

5. I had worked with the utility 1.0.9 in offline mode although the utility remained connected online all the time.

I hope my experience may be useful for others facing the same problem specially "Mr. Sudhir Trikha ji"

Replied 25 August 2021

Thanks for your feedback Amarji. Finally I cud also zero on to the problem area which is Schedule 112A. So i deleted the whole schedule & re-entered each entry with special care not to have any character exceed 14 characters like company name etc & keeping all numerics within 2 decimal points. So finally now it is able to pass validation without errors. Good to have such platform where we cud find solutions.

However a new problem comes up due to which I am constrained not to proceed with verification & submission/ uploading of return.When we see Date of Birth in First Schedule 'General' it is properly reflected, However in Preview for DOB the date & month are showing different than actual.

If anyone facing this issue of DOB coming differently , will appreciate to know their solution. 

Amarjeet Kaur (self employed) (108 Points)
Replied 26 August 2021

Yes the date of birth is reflected in YYYY/MM/DD format in the preview. But it does not matter as our Profile is OK.

CA Abhijeet Saturdekar (Practicing Chartered Accountant)   (55 Points)
Replied 24 December 2021

Hi,

I have used the latest utility for filing of ITR3 but on proceeding for validation getting the error as " Maximum length should not exceed 14 characters.". No page is directed to on clicking on the error link. Filled the ITR-3 multiple times but the error message keeps repeating with the error being unidentifiable.

Need help for resolution

Gopalakrishnan L Kalpathi (6 Points)
Replied 03 January 2022

I having the same problem now that "Maximum character should not exceed 14"

the name of the company is automatically populated so could not limit the same to 14 characters. Limiting the digits to 2 decimal does address the isssue.

can you guide

Replied 03 January 2022

Originally posted by : Gopalakrishnan L Kalpathi

I  am having the same problem  that "Maximum character should not exceed 14" after validation
As the name of the company is automatically populated, could not limit the same to 14 characters. Limiting the digits to 2 decimal does address the isssue.

can you guide

Replied 03 January 2022

Originally posted by : Gopalakrishnan L Kalpathi

I  am having the same problem  that "Maximum character should not exceed 14" after validation
As the name of the company is automatically populated, could not limit the same to 14 characters. Limiting the digits to 2 decimal does address the isssue.

can you guide

CA Abhijeet Saturdekar (Practicing Chartered Accountant)   (55 Points)
Replied 04 January 2022

I wrote to the grievance cell and the IT team asked me to try again. After trying for multiple times the return was finally accepted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: