Easy Office
LCI Learning

Entry of Cheque in hand on 31st March

Page no : 2

(Guest)

Please let me know on what basis you are thinking like that...?

ramesh (FINANCIAL ANALYST) (46 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

Like what. I dint get u

(Guest)

like you think , the case refers to cheques received after BS date? on what basis you are thinking the case is referring after BS date?

Originally posted by : ramesh

I think, the case refers to cheques received after BS date.

Replied 12 June 2011

Basing on the folloing facts of the case

"At the year-end, the cheques bearing date of 31st March, or before, though received in first or second week of April of succeeding year, are accounted for as ‘cheques-in-hand".

(Guest)

yes exactly. the case may be differ from the question arised here... but consider the sentences tooi n that file given... Thanks...

Replied 12 June 2011

i am talking abt the context but not abt the material. Material is useful and informatory. 

(Guest)

Exactly i mean to say that one only,,, context is different but the points can consider in that file which can relevant to our question here...

sricharan (IPCC student) (23 Points)
Replied 12 June 2011

MY opinion is just show it as bills recivable and then write off parts of amount when ever those amounts are cleared

Raj (Assistant) (56 Points)
Replied 14 June 2011

Hai, 

1. What should i do if the cheque received from the customers on date  31/03/----- but not deposied / or cashed

2. If, i need to give a current dated receipt for the pdc we received  from the cutomers at the end of the financial year; say 25/03/----  what should i do if we are using an automated computer environment?  Is it valid to give current dated receipt for pdc?

What will be the effect on debtors then? 

Raj (Assistant) (56 Points)
Replied 14 June 2011

One more thing...say we prepared our B/s (2010-2011)  on 5/04/2011-----after that we received a cheque dated  28/03/2011 from the cutomer, what will be the entry date this receipt? cheque date or received date?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: