Easy Office
Easy Office

Entry level package of CAs should be enhanced

Page no : 4

bhavna (ca-final student) (120 Points)
Replied 04 April 2011

Dude be practical

First of all, Institute is doing all dat it can to develop individual skills..we hav GMCS and 3 months residential program too...But if u want refinement at par with IIMs, then u hav to also pay fee equivalent to the IIMs. N let me enlighten u my frend IIMs too hav tie-ups for min salary package wid companies coming for campus placement.

Second of all, institute is not shielding us..if u r not capable enuf no company is going to recruit u n if u r den trust me u will not hav 2 "bargain" for your package dey'll happily offer u wat u deserve. 

Hemant (Student) (243 Points)
Replied 04 April 2011

Bhavna

Perspective differs individual to individual. 

I would perfer to hire a guy who convince me that he is worth of CTC he is asking for rather than a guy who is ready (and may be happy ) to go by  what ICAI has set as 'floor price' as I feel the first one has the ability to represent my company's and in case of internal dealings, my team's interests.

Thanks for 'enlighting' me on IIMs setting 'price' for campus placement.  Its a news to me ! Appreciate you for sharing this fact. 

Was ICAI able to place all the qualified CAs (befor this 'floor price'  thing was floated to be implemented) ? If not, then will raising this will help ?

ICAI is not alone producing financial professionals, ICWAI is the closet and most competitive cousin institute producing equally competent professinals can become a more fertile ground for corporates for hiring, if answer above two questions is 'No'. ICFAI & ICSI  are other two institutes.

As we move onto career curve from student phase to team leading, our thought process changes looking for team members who apart sound knowledge has effective negotiating & communication skills.  And one who know how to bargain and negotiate while marketing himself / herself during interview is probably can be a winner in long run.

Good to see you putting your views across the forum rather than just expressing your happiness on this news.

CMA Hemant

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: