Easy Office
LCI Learning

E&Y or Deloitte? Confused

Page no : 6

Mohit (-) (52 Points)
Replied 04 October 2011

About a week later

1 Like

srishty mittal (Entrepreneur- Manufacturing Sector)   (78 Points)
Replied 05 October 2011

how did they tell you that you are selected for articleship ?...i mean did they tell you on the very spot when you appeared for technical interview at e&y or after some days??.......what was the selection procedure in deloitte. i m asking u bcoz i had tech interview at e&y on oct'5......thanx in adv......please please respond asap........  

CA Yatin Bansal (ACA, B.com, CS(Inter)) (196 Points)
Replied 07 October 2011

Hello Srishty

All the very best for your next round of interview!!!

But can u tell me that how you managed to arrange an interview? Was that on your own basis or through some reference? If of your own then can you tell me the procedure??? I will be highly thankful if u can help me the least in getting the articleship in big4.

kamal agrawal (article) (30 Points)
Replied 08 October 2011

hello srishty 

right now m doing my articleship in Deloitte and i received a call from EnY too. After my technical interview they took around 10days to call for partner interview. In most of the big four selection is based on merits. However if u have good reference then it may also help u to get it...

Replied 08 October 2011

hello yatin

There is nothing much to get arranged for interview if u hv gd marks. Just go to firm and apply over there ( as i did) . if they find it suitable and acceptable they ll call u for an interview.

Replied 08 October 2011

Hello Kamal

I got 94% marks in 12th std and cleared both groups of IPCC with 65.5% marks i.e. 457/700. Now tell me can i get the articleship in any big 4? Can you help me in submitting the resume to any office of Big 4 as i dont have any in my city (Ludhiana)???

Replied 10 October 2011

hello yatin

congratulations for ur results.. u hv gd academic background.. i think u are now late to join big4 after may2011... however u can try in tht in delhi (mi8 b nearest city having al big4s) .. get contact no from net and convey everything. if they accept then u can can submit ur resume n marksheet through mail. all the bst.

Replied 10 October 2011

Kamal

Dude i have been trying for last 9 months in all the big 4s but no reply yet. Thats why i asked you to help me. Can you help me??? At which city you are located??? If at delhi then will you help me???

Parth Jhala (CA. Student) (33 Points)
Replied 02 November 2011

dear,

listen ur heart and go ahead... bt according to me... u should go in a medium large size firm... 

Nikhil Dahiya (Student) (49 Points)
Replied 25 November 2011

Guys i'm also facing this problem.

I am getting the opportunity to work both in E&Y and DELOITTE but i'm a little bit confused about my choice as i want to work in the area of direct taxation.

Plz guide which one to choose?

thanx in advance.

* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)
Replied 25 November 2011

@ Nikhil

If you are not getting the area you want in both those Big4's and if your interest area is Direct tax itself, then i strongly suggest you to go for other mid-size top reputed firms. Big4's are not the only one who shares knowledge. In fact, they can utmost give knowledge in one or two areas alone mostly. But in mid-size top reputed firms, you gets involved in almost all areas. Now decision is yours whether you want one area of knowledge or all areas.

venu purohit (student) (41 Points)
Replied 28 November 2011

HELLO PLZ RPLY ME ALSO MAINE ABHI IPCC KE BOTH GRUP DIYE H MUJHE ACTULLY PRACTICLE KNOWLEDGE NHI H N MUJHE DELHI MAIN TRANING LENI AS PAID SERVICE TO KOI PLZ MERI HLP KARO KYUNKI RSLT AATE HI MAINE JOIN KARNA CHAHTA HU N KYA BIG 4 KE LIYE TO INTERVIEW HOTE HAIN N USKE LIYE TO KAAFI PRACTICLE KNOWLEDGE HONA CHAIYE KYA KOI MERI HLP KAR SKTA HAI M FRM BIKANER CITY  RAJASTHAN

PLZZZZZZZ

Replied 28 November 2011

@ venu

Keep checking below link for vacancy updates and also upload your resume on naukri and monster sites.

https://caknowledgeclub.com/vacancies_search.php

/forum/best-article-student-177739.asp

venu purohit (student) (41 Points)
Replied 28 November 2011

THNXZ BT I HVE NO EXPRIENCE OF PRACTICAL THN HOW THEY APPOINT ME BECUZ MY FRNDS TOLD ME UR NOT QUALIFY IN THE JOB FIELD BECUZ U HVE NO PRACTICL KNOWLEDGE AND M IPCC STUDNT ONLY THTS Y

Replied 28 November 2011

For now, you prepare your resume and apply in above links websites. In the meantime, being an IPCC passed student, you are atleast expected to have some knowledge of basic accounting things within our syllabus, accounting and audit standards, important provisions of capital gains, PGBP, TDS, service tax and vat. Having book knowledge of atleast these topics will help you get the articleship.

Without these things, you won't get articleship in any reputed firm. Don't hear your friends words who degrades your confidence level. Keep confidence in you. You have knowledge thats why you have passed both groups. Believe in yourself and start referring basic things within our syllabus from now itself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: