e-TAX Payment

CMA KNVV Sri Vidya - Sri Kanth (C.A.Final (New) ICWAI FINAL (New))   (11269 Points)

12 April 2009  

e-TAX Payment

Hide all | View all

What is e-payment of taxes?
 How can I use this facility to pay income tax?
 Whether it is mandatory to pay tax online?
 Whether it is mandatory to make the TDS/TCS payment (Challan 281) online?
 How do I know whether my bank provide this facility?
 What should I do if my bank does not have an online payment facility or is not an authorized bank for etax ?
 What is the procedure for entering the required data on the screen for paying tax online?
 What is the procedure after being directed to the net banking site of the bank?
 What will happen after I confirm the payment of tax at my bank’s site?
 How can I know that I have completed tax payment using this facility?
 Do I have to attach the acknowledgment counterfoil with my return?
 What is the timing for making payment through internet?
 If I encounter any problem while making payment through internet whom should I contact?
 Where should I make enquiries about my tax payments through internet?
 Whom should I contact if the counterfoil containing the CIN is not displayed on completion of the transaction and if I want duplicate counterfoil?
 If I have misplaced my counterfoil whom do I contact?
 After making e-payment of direct tax if status of challan is not available under Challan Status Enquiry on NSDL site, what should I do?
 If I encountered any error on NSDL site while making e-tax payment what should I do?
 If after entering challan details in NSDL site if Bank Name is not being displayed what should I do?
 Account get debited more than once for the same e-tax transaction what should I do?
 How secure is the transmission of data to the website for e- payment?
 How does this system of payment of taxes through internet benefit me as a taxpayer?