EASYOFFICE

E-Campaign Compliance Portal - High Value information not in line with Income Tax Return Filled

Page no : 2

CA. Umesh kumar (ca.umesh11@gmail.com) (1465 Points)
Replied 30 March 2021

File ITR or revised ITR on or before 31.3.2021. You may also get refund if tax deducted on interest income. You can receive this message even if original ITR filed and processed. 

Pankaj Shukla (4 Points)
Replied 30 March 2021

In my case, high value transactions shown on compliance portal has been shown by me in IT return filed already. Then what needs to be done?

Only issue is that in derivatives income, compliance portal did not consider brokerage charges and stt however in itr I have shown profit after deduction of brokerage and stt.

Mithun Kumar Thulasiram (2 Points)
Replied 30 March 2021

Hi, I have received message for High Value Transaction(Interest from Saving Account), when filing a revised IT do we have to pay "Health and Education Cess" again ? Income Tax India Portal is recalculating this cess at 4% again.

vipul modi (6 Points)
Replied 30 March 2021

For me compliance portal is not opening is there any other way to get the details of what I have missed.

vipul modi (6 Points)
Replied 30 March 2021

It finally opened but there is not entry. What is happening and how can we finish this by March 31. I have filed my ITR as per 26AS assuming the bank has submitted TDS for all my interest income.

Navya (7 Points)
Replied 30 March 2021

I have also received this message. But I am unable to see anything in campaign portal. Please help.

1 Like

Ganeshbabu K (Audit and Tax Advisory) (48564 Points)
Replied 30 March 2021

Yes, even interest on locker deposit also get captured there, even if it is not available in 26AS

you need to declare actual interest as per statement .

you can denie if compliance portal gives wrong information and submit response accordingly

vipul modi (6 Points)
Replied 30 March 2021

I see that on savings bank account interest there was no TDS deduction because of which there is some delta but FD TDS entry is also added and form 26 as entry is also added leading to double FD interest in the campaign portal. Not sure how to partially accept and pay the interest and decline the rest which is wrong.

PuliBala (Engineer) (32 Points)
Replied 30 March 2021

I have received the refund amount also in original ITR. how to send back/mention that in revised ITR? 

Replied 30 March 2021

Originally posted by : PuliBala
Hi,

I have just got a SMS stating that "The Income Tax Department has identified high value information which does not appear to be in line with the Income Tax Return filed for Assessment Year 2020-21 (relating to FY 2019-20). Please revise ITR / submit online response under e-Campaign tab on Compliance Portal (CP). Access CP by logging into e-filing portal and clicking on 'Compliance Portal' link under 'My Account'  or 'Compliance' tab  - ITD". 

I have checked in Compliance Portal. It seems interest income from Savings Account/TD close to 70k from all bank accounts. I don't seem to find anything in Form 26as. Not sure how to check may be in bank statements? 
Do I need to respond? If yes, how to validate the information and what to respond if not clear. 

By any chance, I need to re-file the return in worst case? 

Any prompt response would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Based on experts advise, I have checked bank statements. Its available. Now I need to file revised ITR. I have received the refund amount also in original ITR. how to send back/mention that in revised ITR? 

Replied 30 March 2021

how to book income on accrual basis? 

Based on experts advise, I have checked bank statements. I could see these credits in bank statements. Now I need to file revised ITR. I have received the refund amount also in original ITR. how to send back/mention that in revised ITR?

Replied 30 March 2021

Originally posted by : CA PARTH SHAH
Hi,

You will have to book income on accrual basis and file the revise return before 31.03.21. Also reply in e campaign that you have filed the revised return. 

How to book income on accrual basis? 

Based on experts advise, I have checked bank statements. I could see these credits in bank statements. Now I need to file revised ITR. I have received the refund amount also in original ITR. how to send back/mention that in revised ITR?

CMA Navneet Kr Jain (cost consulting) (5151 Points)
Replied 31 March 2021

You need to revise the ITR by today as per the provisions and include the Interest not reported earlier after claiming deduction of  Rs 10000 appr. please refer to the specific provisions

Rohit (employee) (4 Points)
Replied 11 April 2021

What to do if missed the 31st March,2021 deadline to file the revise ITR after e-campaign on compliance portal?

Rohit (employee) (4 Points)
Replied 11 April 2021

What to do if missed the 31st March,2021 deadline to file the revise ITR after e-campaign on compliance portal but responded on compliance portal about the "information is correct"?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro