Doubts regarding tax audit..plz help

CA Darshak Shah (Practicing CA) (1889 Points)

20 July 2012  

Well...I am bit confused about following 3 issues as i am getting different answers for that...Kindly solve this please...

1) A person is a proprietor in 2 units...say x and y...both are engaged into job work in same industry...Turnover of 1 is 50 lakhs and other is 54 lakhs...Thus in his form 26AS total receipt is  104 lakhs...Now is he liable for tax Audit...? Limit should be consider per business or per person??

2) What is the consequances if tax audit has been conducted in last september but return of last year (fin year-2010-11) is not filed yet..?..what is penalty for it...?

3) What to do if the last year return is not filed properly and there is no scope for revise the return as the return was filed after due date...now the closing cash and all were not proper...Now its causing huge loss to the client...Do I have to continue with last year closing balance as current year opening balance or should i reflect the correct position even though last year closing and current year opening mismatch..?

Please help me...

Best Regards

CA Darshak Shah