Do ca as a profession has still maintained its standard?????

Supriya Suhas Sawale (Article clerk) (56 Points)

30 November 2013  

Hey friends,

Want to share something with u al and also need ur suggestions upon it. This is what i wan to share,.....

Looking at the today's scenario it is seen that, Chartereds are finding it difficult to find a good job even salary paid are not apt. Earlier semi qualified were also in good demand but now they are paid very less. Even after completing 3 years of articleship we are considered as fresher. But really don't understand until and unless we are not given an opportunity this fresher tag will always be carried with us. And this is the case especially with semi qualified CA's. Even i am facing this problem. I completed my acrticleship in May 2012 but then I prepared very well for Nov 2012 examination but unfortunately couldn't clear. then i went for GMCS so after Jan 2013 i started hunting for job. but till date am unemployed (in between, from Aug till oct 13 i got placed in a small size firm. But i left it after my Nov 13 exams as it was at grant road, which is very far from kalyan so was unable to give time for studies). CA freshers are recruited but i have seen that the knowledge is at par sometimes of semi qualified and a qualified CA but just the later have that degree so are recruited. Its true that we can show our talent during interviews and at actual working. But due to no post articleship experience i am hardly getting a call for an interview and if i get then those are small size firm. And now if i again go for an small size firm then again that experience won't be counted and medium size firm need experience and big 4 toh i can't even imagine. Over and above all this people are getting placed through references.But how if i do not have any such reference.

Our institute itself do not recognise us. And if the market is tight then how the 98% IITians are getting recruited and are also  paid pretty much good. few are also placed in Finance sectors dat too in good companies, so y not CA's???????. The IIT's have still maintained there standard but i really feels CA's have lost the charm now.......

There are people just with graduated degrees but are paid more than CA's this really makes me feel very low.

am desperately looking for a job now but really feeling very helpless, blank. This also distracts me from my studies and my attempts are getting dragged now b. So plz plz plz........ guide me friends how to overcome it. Much more to say but do not understand how to express it.