EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Discussion on service tax ca final - can anyone join now?

Page no : 11

Madhavi (CA - FINAL) (1342 Points)
Replied 19 September 2012

MR.A, CA raised an invoice for 27575 to a client on 20.06.11 . The lcinet, however, hs paid a lumpsum 26000 on 28.10.11 for full and final settlemtn. How much service tax Mr.A has to pya and when does this tax become due for payment ? what will be his liability, if the client refuses to apy service tax and  pays only 25000 in total

Yogita (Partner) (434 Points)

Reverse Mechanism  Amt Recd 25000/- Divided by 100 + S T rate applicable X the S T rate & that is the

S T payable   25000 / 112.36 x 12.36 = S T Payable

I have considered S T rate of 12.36 which is at present however it may be different for Exams @ 10.3

Mam what happened checking the answers or satisfied with the answers

what are the provisions relating to best judgemtn assessmet  under ST law?

Sorry I was on some other Forum answering the query, However  exactly you want to know about Best Jdgmt Asst  Sec 72 of Finance Act 1994

in that question of 25000 as he paid 28.10.11 so paymetn is 05.11.11. am i correct

There is a prov of best Jdgmnt Asst where the assess fails to submit his returns u/s 70(b) or fails to assess the tax then the Cntrl Excise officer shall call for all the Records & after gvng an opportunity of being heard shall make the asst of the Srvc Value & the Tax there on & this is known as Best Jdgmt Asst

hey i am getting sleep. ok bye good night. come early around 9pm upto 1 to 2 hrs we will dicuss question wise . ok bye

Yes you are correct to your above answer but I can update you on POT that the POT rules of Invoicing are even now not applicable for Professionals. Pls check this provision in details, as this is a point where you can get a question to confuse the students in the paper

Mam I get free from my work only by 10.30 - 11 pm so coming early is not possible, However I am sure you were happy getting the answers or no ?

ya i like the way u r giving answers which i am able to understand the concept in question and answer type just like padhuka book.. thanks for the help, bye gn

OK see you Tomoro, & you can take a quest on any Taxation DT IDT  or Practical subject & you will get your answer & I can suggest you stop Paduka book & get a book of V S datey & see how strong you would become in your Concepts of whole IDT

i purchased videeshwaran once again shall i buy another book

Mam Nither Paduka nor the Book which you are refering is the Recommended book by ICAI, & all such books are nothing but a form of Big compilier of ICAI & V S Datey is the recommended book by ICAI & its a text book in real sense, Your concepts have to get cleared. OK you may not buy it but atleast go to some book store & have a look at it for few minutes & see how you feel, I am sure you will like it so much that you would stop all books & study from V S datey

ok thank you i will do it. ok byee. let us discuss tommorrow

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: