EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Discussion,.CPT or PE-1?? your views

Page no : 2

Sunshine (Helping All) (10575 Points)
Replied 15 June 2011

Scrap CPt ...get back PE1...better exams..better students..better CAs .... Better Future..!!

1 Like

Namrata (Spirutial Being) (1841 Points)
Replied 15 June 2011

@ ravi i agree that cpt was introduced for attracting more students but as said by surendra sir it tests analytical skill ,concept clerity ,presence of mind etc which lacks in question answer format

Nabeel (CA) (3288 Points)
Replied 16 June 2011

PE-1 is best.... IPCC and Final are much more tougher than CPT.... PE-1 should be brought back..

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 16 June 2011

In the recent speech by the president of the icai, he has asked opinion from the members to reintroduce graudates as CA students in addition to CPT "qualified" students.

CA Ravi Khandelwal (Business) (752 Points)
Replied 16 June 2011

Originally posted by : Namrata

@ ravi i agree that cpt was introduced for attracting more students but as said by surendra sir it tests analytical skill ,concept clerity ,presence of mind etc which lacks in question answer format

I agree that CPT tests analytical skill, conceptual clarity etc.  But what I want to say is CPT has resulted in admission of many students who are not that much capable, I know many students who could not clear their PE-1 exam in three attempts but they cleared CPT with very good marks in very first attempt. And many of these guys  couldn't clear PCC exams irrespective of regular attempts.

I am not saying that PE-1 students are brilliant or they clear their exams easily. But what is relevant here is many students loose their precious time in doing CA, later on give up and  ruin their carrier.

In most of the exams /  colleges enterance is tough and exit is easy. (eg. IIM, IIT), those students who try for CAT, MAT, AIEEE, IIT JEE, if they clear their entrances and gets admission in desired college, they are sure that after 2 / 4 years they will be an MBA or an engineer. And if they do not get good rank they can go for other course, as preparing for CAT etc. does not take more than a year.

But in CA it is completely different, here enterance is easy and exit is very tough. You are sure that you will do CA but no one is sure that he will become a CA. And if (as in most of the cases) you are  not able to clear your exams, you give up after investing 3-4 years of your life.

What we need is toughest enterance (wether it is CPT or PE-1) so that only those students gets passed who are worth it.

BUT ICAI has nothing to do with life or carrier of students. It is concerned with its increased revenue only. That's why they are also registering for CPT after passing 10th.

Namrata (Spirutial Being) (1841 Points)
Replied 16 June 2011

@ ravi my point is CPT is not at all easy i have seen rankers in 12th failing in CPT.  It is equavalent to any other enterence exam and PE 1 takes lot of time atleast a year

1 Like

CA Ravi Khandelwal (Business) (752 Points)
Replied 16 June 2011

I don't think CPT is equivalent to any other exam. And I agree CPT is not that much easy.  But in my view a tougher CPT paper can save future of many.

M. N. JHA (CA) (8316 Points)
Replied 16 June 2011

Originally posted by : Ravi Khandelwal

I had given CPT the only thing i can say is CPT is not that easy . In PE 1 students were byhearting the answers but in CPT they have to apply there knowledge for answereing

In PE 1 students were byhearting the answers

I dont agree with this statement.

Although CPT is not that much easy but it is easy as compared to PE1.

CPT was introduced just to increase number of students. And ICAI succeded in their motive and has got huge increase in their funds.

Replied 16 June 2011

@ ravi my point is CPT is not at all easy i have seen rankers in 12th failing in CPT. It is equavalent to any other enterence exam and PE 1 takes lot of time atleast a year

a student may pass CPT without attending match or any other subject question but it was not possible in PE-1, CPT IS MORE EASY FOR NON COMMERCE BACKGROUND STUDENT THEN PE-1. . . . . . . . . . . . . PE-1 was better in my opinion.
1 Like

Replied 16 June 2011

@ ravi my point is CPT is not at all easy i have seen rankers in 12th failing in CPT. It is equavalent to any other enterence exam and PE 1 takes lot of time atleast a year

a student may pass CPT without attending match or any other subject question but it was not possible in PE-1, CPT IS MORE EASY FOR NON COMMERCE BACKGROUND STUDENT THEN PE-1. . . . . . . . . . . . . PE-1 was better in my opinion.

Replied 16 June 2011

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: