Easy Office
LCI Learning

Discuss your Nov 08 exam experience!!!

Page no : 5

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 20 November 2008

hey i appeared for pcc both groups

papers were quite easy but lenghty

despite my xams dint went good due to lack of preparation

ACCTS -- the whole pattern was changed,no 20 marks question this time instead the small 2-2 marks question came for 24 marks and except internal reconstrucion all the practical questions came for 8 marks

Tax -- my strongest subject but dint went so good........theory part, i dnt knw frm where it came . practicals were very easy

IT AND SM -- second nightmare but was a quite easy paper for those who prepared this subject. flow chart was the easiest also was the glossory part.

so friend i hope to clear 1st group but cant say this confidently as far as 2nd group is conclerned

all the very best

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 20 November 2008

Tax -- my strongest subject but dint went so good........theory part, i dnt knw frm where it came . practicals were very easy

IT AND SM -- second nightmare but was a quite easy paper for those who prepared this subject. flow chart was the easiest also was the glossory part.

so friend i hope to clear 1st group but cant say this confidently as far as 2nd group is conclerned

all the very best

anand (auditor) (26 Points)
Replied 21 November 2008

very easy

(Guest)

exams were not up2 my expectations

sangita (student) (168 Points)
Replied 21 November 2008

i gave PCC grp2...i cleard grp 1 in may itself..

Info tech ws nice and other all papers wer also ok...definitely 1 shd hv luck also...hoping 4 d best....WISHIN EVERYONE ALL THE BEST....

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Guest
" Hi All!!
Happy days are back again!!!!!!!
i appeared for group 2 and have cleared my 1 grp last time..
did any1 managed to get the question of linear programing correct?????????
equation was treat to make but the graph ...... huh!!! i still cant guess... HOW COULD THOSE THREE LINES INTERSECT ??????????
QUESTION WAS WRONG!!!!!
 AND finally we got the ever awaited MAT in DT i was waiting for it for uite long..... was simple too....

And this for you SUJHIT  ... YOU SAY IDT PAPER WAS SHORT...... GET A LIFE ... I DOUBT YOU MAY PASS ACCOUNTS BUT I AM SURE YOU WILL FLUNK IN IDT........ BET ON IT.....
IT WAS ALL FILLED WITH FINANCE ACT AMENDMENTS 2007 AND ANSWERS REQD LOT OF EXPLANATIONS......
DT WAS A WELL DRAFTED PAPER AND MICS WAS AS USUAL... I DNT KNW WHY THE INSTITUTE HAS STILL KEPT THIS PAPER IN FINALS...

BEST WISHES TO ALL WHO APPEARED.......
CHEERS
"

hi vishal, question was not wrong. there we have to assume that 480kg of material are for both material A&B seperatly. i.e.480kg for material A and 480kg for material B.

paaras (self employed ca final student)   (35 Points)
Replied 27 November 2008

I WOULD like 2 say dat d new pattrn of givng 1 day off is not ok.....the studnt going 4 both gr hv 2 remain under lot of pressure and dat for a period of 15days

sreenivasa (Education) (0 Points)
Replied 03 December 2008

Overall performance of my exam (PE-II)

All peapers are not so hard but in second group Cost accounting and FM

is very leanthy calculations but not hard to solving problems.

Manish Bajaj (CA) (47 Points)
Replied 03 December 2008

Well!! the exams are over, atleast one reason to rejoice. About the papers in the CA Final Nov 2008 examinations, here are my views...

Accounts - The paper was tough... Lets admit it. Consolidation problem was not that anybody liked to appear in that exam. I coule complete the reconstruction problem and the theory well. AS 20 Problem was a definate Bouncer. The paper wanted to prove the fact that u need substance to clear a CA final paper.

MAFA - Moderately easy paper. Expected questions came. leasing and portfolio Mgt was a cakewalk. I should get an exemption god willing.

Audit - The paper was technical, especially the Professional Ethics quesstions and the AS questions. Fared pretty well, god willingly should get an exemption.

C Law - The examiner expected the students to display sound basic knowledge in most of the questions. The application of multiple sections in a few scenarios made the paper technical.  It looked to be an easy paper it was however not.

Cost - Lets admit, this paper was easy. All repeated questions, it was however a lengthy paper.I guess a 70 mark attepmt should get you close to 55 or above.

MICS - Reasonably easy paper, it required sound basic knowledge though. Anyone who has read the Study material a couple of times and has given relevant answers would be able to score an easy 50.

DT - Very Technical Paper as always. Examiner expected professional approach to all answers. absence of CG and PGBP made the paper a tough nut to crack. The questions based on Income tax Authorities and assessment procedures were tough. WT was easy as always.

IDT - I felt that it was a very abnormal and procedure oriented paper. The basics of Excise was left out. IDT wont be the cause of many exemptions this attempt.

At the end of it all, we've all tried our best. The results matter but it does not bring us to a dead end. This course has thought us to be resilient  and strong and so will we be. Here's wishing you the very best for your results. God bless the institute and all of us.

SANJAY BAJAJ (SERVICE) (70 Points)
Replied 15 December 2008

Originally posted by :CA Chaitanya
" Most of the students felt that CA PCC exams were easy except for costing and accounts. "

Except Accounts and Tax all the papers were really easy...People think that Cost was scoring but let me assure u that it was not at all easy, it was simply a googly paper

CA SANJAY TALWAR (Job) (222 Points)
Replied 14 June 2009

ok g

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: