Discrepancies in Documents appearing as uploaded in new Incometax Portal

Venkataraman Srinivasan (Personal) (24 Points)

06 August 2021  

Discrepancies in between Documents appearing as uploaded in new Incometax Portal on different dates - same PAN number - Same Acknowledgement number - Request CA club to take up at appropriate authorities. Other members may too have this problem

Dear Sir / Madam

In the new incometax portal, I filed my incometax return ( ITR 2) on 26-07-2021 under Sec 139(1)  - first return filed before due date .. I have NOT filed a revised return under Sec 139(5)

After uploading my IT return under ITR 2, I took a print out of the return uploaded as appearing in the filing portal .

Today, when I login the portal, I find that the screenshot 1 and screenshot 2 show that I have filed IT return under sec 139(1) -  But when I select the options of "Download Forms " and " Download Receipt" -  I see that under the same "Acknowledgement number" - 192407750260721  -  I have filed ITR2 under Sec 139(5) - revised return. 

I HAVE NOT FILED ANY REVISED RETURN NOR HAVE I UPLOADED AND VERIFIED THE SAME. The screenshots 1 and screenshot 2 appearing as on today in ITR portal also confirm this .

Also the print out taken by me when I filed my return on 26-7-2021 shows details like salary , house rent, income from other sources, self assessment tax paid by me etc , tax paid by me etc are appearing correctly... But the revised return apperaring in the portal with the same acknowledgement number says that my income under all heads is NIL AND DOES NOT SHOW self assessment tax paid,

Rgds
V.Srinivasan
+91 77386 94780