Easy Office
Easy Office

Direct entry in ca

Page no : 2

Zulfikar Surti (Student) (431 Points)
Replied 20 August 2012

Thank you very much Krishna. So I think I have to do nothing except preparation for May 13.

Madhumathi (Confidence BOSS !!) (152 Points)
Replied 20 August 2012

In the application form for direct entry it was given as Both groups or both groups with ATC. What is the difference between both. I hope ATC refers to Accounting Technician certificate.

* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)
Replied 20 August 2012

If you chooses Both groups with ATC and pay requisite fees, then you need to pass IPCC group 1 and after completing one year of practical training under a CA, you are eligible to get ATC certificate from the ICAI on application. If you dont want ATC, then choose only Both groups.

saranya krishnan (nil) (28 Points)
Replied 21 August 2012

Hi...If I am going to get registered under this scheme,will I be required to appear for both the groups in the intermediate in one stretch or will I be given an option to write the groups separately?

Replied 21 August 2012

@ Saranya:

You can give both groups separately. Its not mandatory to give both at a time even in new scheme. But while registering you may choose both groups with articles, if you wish to do so.

NAGAPRASAD PAI M G (IPCC STUDENT) (59 Points)
Replied 21 August 2012

I HAVE APPLIED FOR NOVEMBER 2012 IPCC EXAMINATION THROUGH ONLINE TODAY..
BUT DID NOT SUBMIT THE FORMS YET TO THE INSTITUTE..
I THOUGHT I CAN WRITE NOV EXAMS THOUGH I CONVERT MYSELF TO THE NEW RULE,
BUT NOW I REALIZED THAT I CAN NOT WRITE EXAMS IN NOV 2012,
IF I AM GOING TO CONVERT MYSELF TO THE NEW RULE OF DIRECT ENTRY TO ARTICLESHIP..

I WANT TO REGISTER TO THE NEW RULE AND WRITE EXAMS IN MAY 2013..
KINDLY HELP ME IN THIS REGARD..
THANK YOU

Replied 23 August 2012

In my view, just skipping the upcoming exams and registering under the direct entry before Sept end and joining articleship ASAP will make you eligible to write May 2013 exams after filling the conversion form. Assumed you are a graduate and completed ITT and Orientation.

Ravi C (accountant) (34 Points)
Replied 23 August 2012

i am ipcc student apeared in may 12 exam and got exemption in cost and taxation papers. if i take conversion to IPC, that exemptions will continue or not.

Dharmin Shah (BBA - ITM, CA FINAL) (62 Points)
Replied 23 August 2012

i am ipcc student and got my exam due in november 2012...i have filled up the application form and submitted the same....but if i opt for conversion scheme(i am a graduate and have completed my ITT and orientation) then will my due date for finals come nw...or after clearing group 1

my query is when will my due date for final come if i opt for conversion scheme..

as per old scheme i knw it will become due after clearing group 1

bt what abt new scheme???plz  reply

Replied 23 August 2012

Final exam eligibility will be the same as per earlier provisions. No change because of new scheme.

Replied 23 August 2012

then the whole point for conversion is just to start articleship???

bcoz as such in new and old provison ur due date for final will be after clearing group 1 and after that 3yrs of training...

so if i opt for new scheme and start article ship...and clear group 1 an the end of 3 yr..then when will my final become due????

Replied 23 August 2012

Mainly its benefit is to start articleship if one completes graduation, ITT, Orientation courses. Final eligibility comes after completing 3yrs articles training or during the last 6months of articles training subject to completion of IPCC both groups by that period and registered for Final. So in your case eligibility comes after completion of 2.5yrs from May 2013, assuming you joins the articleship before septmber end.

Replied 23 August 2012

so that is what my whole point is...once i start with articleship and in the due course  i pass both group then i will be eligible for finals after 3 yrs of articleship...rght....

(Guest)

I completed my graduation in BA(H)-Business Economics from Delhi University and MBA from JIIT University. According to the latest guidelines from ICAI regarding Direct Entry Students ... which say all these of the following are exempt from CPT and eligible for Direct Entry into IPCC .. 

"'Graduates or Post Graduates in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognised University (including Open University) by studying any three papers of 100 marks each out of Accounting, Auditing, Mercantile Laws, Corporate Laws, Economics, Management (including Financial Management), Taxation (including Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws), Costing, Business Administration or Management Accounting;

OR

Graduates or Post Graduates other than those falling under Commerce stream mentioned above having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the
examination conducted by any recognised University (including Open University). "'

Now my question is .. Do my Degrees (BA Hons in Business Economics and MBA) fall under Commerce stream or Non-Commerce stream ?

Please help as there are no clear guidelines from the Institute ?

Replied 24 August 2012

@ Dharmin: Final eligibility comes after 2.5 years of completion from your articleship joining date.

@ Karan: In my view BA (hons) comes under non-commerce stream.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: