Demand for AY 2021-22

Dear Sirs,

I filed my ITR2 for AY2021-22 on 18.9.21 which was processed on 18.11.21 under intimation 143(1) with a demand of xxx amount due to TDS mismatch. This was due to clubbing of income from spouse and claimed TDS of spouse also, which was made as demand. I paid the demand quickly on 21.11.21 and while furnishing the details it has raised an interest element of Rs.276 which was also paid 12.2.22, these figures also got updated in my 26AS. There was another communication stating that due to mistake the intimation u/s 143(1) is not correct it should be u/s 154 and IT return was processed and subsequently rectified with the same demand of earlier amount. I waited for a while as it would take some time to update the paid challans of demand plus interest. On 1.7.22 I found no updation took place so I chose the option under rectification for reprocessing the return. It took few minutes and the same intimation got generated. What is the action needed from my side may kindly be advised. Do I have to revise the return for AY2021-22 or any other action.

Thanks

GR Babu

Replies (4)
Quick Summary
A taxpayer filed their ITR2 for AY 2021-22, which was processed with a demand due to a TDS mismatch from clubbing spousal income. After paying the demand and associated interest, the taxpayer received a rectification notice, but found no update on their challan payments. They then initiated a reprocessing of the return, which resulted in the same intimation. The taxpayer is seeking advice on whether to revise their return or take other actions to resolve the ongoing demand issue.

Submit disagree response by adding the challan details
Hi babugr, I will be happy to help you out. Please check your inbox.

Thanks please do, I really need some assistance in this regard. 

Babu

I did check my inbox and could not see anything pertaining to this. Kindly revert back

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details