Easy Office
LCI Learning

Defective notice 139(9) with error code 180 ? solution ?

Page no : 2

CA RAJESH ARORA (PROPRIETOR) (30 Points)
Replied 27 October 2017

I am also facing the same problem

Received Defective Notice 139(9) with error code 180 Part -A Error Code :180 Error Descripttttion: a) The Gross receipts is not mentioned in the Profit & Loss A/c, OR b) The profit shown is less than 6% of the gross receipts as prescribed u/s 44AD but has not mentioned the maintenance of the books of accounts and audit report u/s 44AB in Part A-General and the total income exceeds the maximum amount not chargeable to income tax Probable resolution: a) Gross receipts to be entered in the Profit and loss A/c. b) Declaring profit of 6% or more of gross receipts as per Section 44AD c) Filling the Part A of Schedule Balance Sheet, Part A of Schedule Profit & Loss and details of audit report in Schedule Part A-General if your total income exceeds the maximum amount not chargeable to income tax. Page 2

and on Income Tax site nothing is mentioned under E-filing Response to the 139 .. .......... and nothing is mentioned in compliance section also .

Anyone please advice

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=432034&offset=1

Nse Feed (13 Points)
Replied 27 October 2017

Same issue... Got error 181 even if declared net profit is 50% of gross receipt

SURANA (PROPRIETOR) (515 Points)
Replied 28 October 2017

Received 4 more defective notices from clients..

checked the ITR and the Software options.. but could not find any mistake.. now waiting for software customer care to check if there was any bug in the software that has resulted into this wrong detail in X M L file...

Error code 180 and 181 in most of the cases... even though everything seems to be proper on screen :)

will try using Govt Utility and check if things are proper or not..

1 Like

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (169626 Points)
Replied 28 October 2017

" will try using Govt Utility and check if things are proper or not?"

Correct way............. because CPC checks the data as per their own utility........

At least one can verify......

Finally......... you may disagree with the defect........

Miss Ishika (6 Points)
Replied 28 October 2017

USE UTILITY SOFTWARE FROM EFILLING WEBSITE.IN P&L ACCOUNT THE SOFTWARE IS A BUGG.PLEASE FEED 53(i)a  AND SAME FIG IN 53(i)b LIKE WISE FOR PROFESSION FILL 53(ii)a  AND SAME FIG IN 53(ii)b.if you are filling 0 in gross profit AND PUTTING EXPENSES ONLY  its catching a negative fig in net profit.so keep same gross reciept =gross profit column.ususlly there should not have been gross profit column in presumptive scheme where gross reciept is only required and to calculate 8% or 50% in net profit as the case may be.if stll any issue do dropme email @ drmanish23 @ yahoo.co.in 

Miss Ishika (6 Points)
Replied 28 October 2017

ALSO CHECK NO IN 92E AUDIT 

Miss Ishika (6 Points)
Replied 28 October 2017

PLEASE TELL FIG FED IN 53(i)a 53(i)b 53(i)c 53(i)d /iwll clarify to you the issue 

Nse Feed (13 Points)
Replied 28 October 2017

I had put same fig in gross receipt and gross profit and only used official utility still got error 181!

Mohit Bansal (Chartered Accountant) (314 Points)
Replied 28 October 2017

received same notice

the notice received is not even shown on "Response to Notice u/s139(9)" on the portal..

Replied 28 October 2017

Originally posted by : Mohit Bansal
received same noticethe notice received is not even shown on "Response to Notice u/s139(9)" on the portal..

It takes about 5 working days to reflect the notice on portal after receipt of mail....

Sid (CA) (26 Points)
Replied 28 October 2017

Used the website's e-filing utility in the first place. Gross profit was however reported to be 45% of the gross receipts. Net profit was 10% of G.P. Any other option left.

Replied 28 October 2017

just spoke to my software customer care (KDK Software - Spectrum) and they checked the system and said everything is fine with the ITR..

so they are saying to speak to Department HelpDesk...

and they said many people are receiving 139(9)

so neither issue with utility nor ITR.. will have to either resubmitted the same file as rectification or disagree with the defect.
if anyone gets any more information then please do share..

Thank you.

Nse Feed (13 Points)
Replied 28 October 2017

What are the NOB business codes for which people have got notices? Is there any pattern? For example, for professionals (44ada) NOB codes starts with 6, but I have put a code 711. Now code starting with 7 are for mostly agencies for which 44ad/44ada may not be applicable and in system this time there may be some kind of validation. Can this be the reason? I m not sure but just trying to derive the pattern. Thanks

Replied 28 October 2017

CODE SELECTED 607 - PROFESSIONAL OTHER FOR 44ADA FOR ERROR CODE 181..

So even this possibility is ruled out...

i thought maybe it is due to my software.. and not even department utility user received 139.. so even software issue ruled out...

Replied 28 October 2017

About two months back similar defective notices were isssued for salary class assesses....... for mismatch of form 16 with ITR............ Many of them disagreed the defect to same tune....

Department almost accepted the reply and the refunds have started pouring in............

Here also, most of those who have received the notices just do not find any defect in their ITR....  If that be the case, just disagree the defect...... or refile the same with properly applicable NOB.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro