Easy Office
LCI Learning

CS: Must read post for all CS students

Page no : 3

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

Originally posted by : sudha
Hi sir after reading your reply i tought u can answer my questions.
1)I am a not commerce background graduate can i persue CS.(BCA graduate)
2)My focus is manily to study a professional course but not to earn or do a job and I felt CS is the best and started learning A/c by myself is there anyother subject i have to concentrate apart from A/C's as a base.

You should go for CS course. For CS you have to workout on theory presentation and learning as it is a theory based course.

1 Like

sudha (nothing) (43 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

thank u sir, and  am planning to take one mdule at a time as i have got a small kid...wll there be any problem if  go with ne module than 2 modules at a time,.

Replied 03 February 2010

Originally posted by : sudha

thank u sir, and  am planning to take one mdule at a time as i have got a small kid...wll there be any problem if  go with ne module than 2 modules at a time,.

No set pettern so go as per ur understanding. ultimate goal should be == Success in whatever you are doing.

1 Like

sudha (nothing) (43 Points)
Replied 03 February 2010

thank you sir that was really helpful...

deenal (cs e studentxecutive) (23 Points)
Replied 07 February 2010

i am doin csfc and wanno know how can i score good

Rinkal Shah (Accounts., Student. ) (35 Points)
Replied 09 February 2010

really thy r coool.......n thnakz even sum of my qts are also solved........

SUSHIL GONSALVES (Steno Secretary) (27 Points)
Replied 19 May 2010

Hi Mr. Ankur Garg,

I am Sushil  doing CS Executive. Sir, if you have any notes pls. provide me scan copy.  And also suggest me which books can I refer for executive / professional preparation.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sushil

Shipra (Student) (23 Points)
Replied 24 June 2010

Hello Ankur, thanks alot for the information. Its really helpful. I have just enrolled for CS(Executive). I got exemption from the Foundation level because of my qualification. I have done BMS(Bachelor of Management Science) and MS(Insurance). How do you think CS is going to help me? I am not working right now. Wish to complete CS by dec2011 and then start working afresh. Right now I am struggling with the study material and really confused as to where to start from. Also I have no clue about the various trainings mentioned by ICSI. Hope to hear soon from you.

Thanks,

Shipra

Replied 24 June 2010

Hello Shipra,

To be very honest I have no clue regarding combination of CS with BMS and MS…but extra qualification is always good. As per my understanding CS is a complete professional course and is enough for your good future.

Study  

First decide the group you are going to attempt first. At this initial stage you are requested to take reference from Study Material. Just give a quick reading of the subjects you like to have a fair idea about the subject. Take coaching for the subject you are not comfortable with.

Do not forget to refer Scanner along with ICSI guidelines of previous exam papers.

For now do not think about ICSI trainings and first focus on your preparation and first actual attempt

All the Best

Shipra (Student) (23 Points)
Replied 24 June 2010

Thanks Ankur,

Regarding CS I would say that I wanted to study more and broaden my horizon so went for CS.

I wanted to know about Student Induction Programme. ICSI says that it should be done within 6 months of enrollment. Can you please tell me how to go for it.

Divya Bharathi (ACCOUNTS & Customer Service Exe.)   (25 Points)
Replied 24 June 2010

Dear Sir,

I'm divya from Hyderabad, passed out CS Executive in Dec 2009 session, want to undergo Training, Please guide me whether to choose Practising CS /Companies imparting training...

Checked out  & contacted companies based on the information provided in ICSI website but they are saying presently they are not providing training...

I heard that working in a Companies imparting training gives more exposure that Parctising CS,

is it so?

Kindly send your reply !

Thanks in Advance....

Divya

Keval Shah (CA-Final) (306 Points)
Replied 24 June 2010

thanks sir... 

Keval Shah (CA-Final) (306 Points)
Replied 24 June 2010

Sir, 

I am doing CA and also register for CS foundation programme.

As I am new to this programme and also I don't have any friends and relatives who are CS, can you pl let me know about CS exams.. how many years to compete the programme, is there any articalship like it is there in CA and can we merger the CA and CS articalship.. is it compulsory to do a graduation.. as I have drop my college to do CA-IPCC after 12th and heard that only 1 course can be done with CA, so I started CS after i gave my exams in may10 but i don't know much about the CS programme.. Can you please guide me sir.. please

thanks & regards

Keval.Shah 

Replied 25 June 2010

Originally posted by : Divya Bharathi

Dear Sir,

I'm divya from Hyderabad, passed out CS Executive in Dec 2009 session, want to undergo Training, Please guide me whether to choose Practising CS /Companies imparting training...

Checked out  & contacted companies based on the information provided in ICSI website but they are saying presently they are not providing training...

I heard that working in a Companies imparting training gives more exposure that Parctising CS,

is it so?
Kindly send your reply !

Thanks in Advance....

Divya

Hi Divya,

Selection of training depends on your own vision. I mean if you are interested in practice then only go for training under PCS. Otherwise I would advise you to go for Management Training in a good company instead of training under PCS. 

Management Training in a good company surely help you to understand the corporate environment which in turn help you during your job as a Company Secretary.

All the Best

Replied 25 June 2010

Originally posted by : Keval Shah

Sir, 

I am doing CA and also register for CS foundation programme.

As I am new to this programme and also I don't have any friends and relatives who are CS, can you pl let me know about CS exams.. how many years to compete the programme, is there any articalship like it is there in CA and can we merger the CA and CS articalship.. is it compulsory to do a graduation.. as I have drop my college to do CA-IPCC after 12th and heard that only 1 course can be done with CA, so I started CS after i gave my exams in may10 but i don't know much about the CS programme.. Can you please guide me sir.. please

thanks & regards

Keval.Shah 

Hi Keval,

CS is a very good professional course. In CS you have to undergo 15 months training after CS Executive stage. Here you can’t merge CA and CS training. As per my understanding Graduation is must…for now you should focus on your CA and graduation.

All the Best

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: