COURAGE QUOTES

akkapeddi (Retd Sr. Audit officer) (289 Points)

02 March 2010  

Hello Everyone!

Here’s a short and sweet collection of 10 courage quotes.  I think that a few of them may push you over the edge of moving to some new level in life.  I suggest you copy 2 or 3 of them and putting them up somewhere where you can see them.  Enjoy:

1. One man with courage is a majority. -Andrew Jackson

2. Success is never final, and failure is never fatal; is it courage that counts. -Winston Churchill

3. The scars you acquire by exercising courage will never make you feel inferior. -D.A Battista

4. He who loses wealth loses much; he who loses a friend loses more; but he that loses courage loses all. -Cervantes

5. Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared. -Eddie Rickenbacker

6. Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortunes; but great minds rise above them. -Washington Irving

7. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear–not absence of fear. -Mark Twain

8. Courage is the capacity to confront what can be imagined. -Leo Rosten

9. Many of your fears are tissue-paper paper thin, and a single courageous step would carry us through them. -Brendan Francis

10. Pain nourishes courage. You can’t be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you. -Mary Tyler Moore

Not bad, eh?  I really like 6 and 8.  How about you?