Easy Office
Easy Office

Counter party status

Page no : 2

pradeep kumar (245 Points)
Replied 14 October 2017

sir amount paid to Labour contractor he is un registered,so now I can pay gst on reverse charge basis or not

Kalidass (Accountant) (196 Points)
Replied 14 October 2017

I think reverse charge postponed until Dec. 2017....

Vinod Araveti (Practicing CA) (1180 Points)
Replied 14 October 2017

@ Aman, You can't avail ITC on those inward supplies and you can't even revise the GSTR-2 . You ask the Supplier to Show those details in GSTR-1 of aug month. If he does't do that then you add those details in GSTR-2 of Aug month.

Replied 14 October 2017

@ ananda vidhyanathan, 

If your vendor dont file GSTR-1 that means that he has not filed the GST return for that month. So In GST this is the very senstive problem that unless you vendor files the GST return you can't avail the credit. 

I suggested to show the details in the GSTR-2 just to avoid the loss of credit in case if the vendor files the GST return with in due date.

Replied 14 October 2017

@ pradeep,

RCM liability on Unregistered purchases is removed from 13.10.2017 and upto 31.03.2017, So if the invoice date is before that then you need to pay GST on that, otherwise not required.

Giritha Saravanan (2 Points)
Replied 30 October 2017

Hi all,

Our supplier has filed the gstr 1 for a bill with tax rate 28%. The same has been entered by us in gstr 3b summary taking it to be 18%[The supplier has sent the revised bill of 28% but by mistake we have taken the 18% bill]. Now in gstr2 the counter party filed status shows 'no' for that supplier disabling all the other 2 bills purchased from him. How can I rectify this error.

Aman Agarwal (321 Points)
Replied 30 October 2017

If you wrongly filed GSTR 3B, you don't need to worry. You need to enter correct details in GSTR 1 and GSTR 2. If the counterparty submit status of your supplier is showing 'No', you need to add those invoices all by yourself while filing GSTR 2.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: