Cope with PCC & CS executive

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant ) (14243 Points)

30 September 2009  

How to Cope with PCC/IPCC and
CS executive 

As we all know CA exam are starting for 1 st week of November and CS from 26 December, Many stiudent are appearing for both PCC (or IPCC) and CS Executive as well in coming  months .
I got many queries  about coping up thses two intermediate course , I am posting this forum  for all my peer students and request expert and eminent members  to advice further  

1. At first complete common papers and topics  of CA and CS for example Company la(section 1- 197), corporate Accounting, some labour laws, Taxation. which is common in CA and CS just read them in toto. 

2. Make a study  plan and implement it, before your CA exam just read CAs subject  nothing else and if time left (i.e u completes CA preparation  before  exam )then also concentrate on CA revise it properly . your CS exam is after 2 months (approx) of CA exams - in these two months complete entire CS syllabus in 45 days and last 15 days for finishing and revision.
3. If need any help , let me and other members of this club know, they are too co-operative.

assuming You are not taking any tuition for CS paper i will say

Group 1

General and commercial law
ICSI material is Enough- if you have time prepare running notes (not proper notes). Scanner question are very very very important for this paper – so read them three time more in campare  to other question.  better understand with help of examples  rather the mugging   up provisions.
Corporate, cost & management Accounting
It is like a  eating a cake for a PCC student. But don’t be over confidence. Just once solve all the ICSI material question and scanner question. Two chapters are there which are not in PCC. Leave them for a while and if you have time after completing other chapter, then only put your nose in that chapter.  
Tax law
Same as above, very easy for  a PCC student. But don’t be over confident once again.. four or five chapter are there which are not in PCC. But they are not so deep so complete them (as u must be having ur article experience for combating against them ) for that chapter. IDT part is of 40 marks and consist of service tax and VAT, prepare very them carefully.  emphasis on understnading as objective question are dominant 
Group 2

Company Law
I will say this paper is like  a sea of provisions, but interesting provision. At first complete section 3 to 197  which are in PCC law syllabus, then section 209 to 227 (account and auditor )in  PCC / IPCC audit syllabi of PCC. For other chapter (if you think it is not possible to read ICSI book ) read the guideline answers of past 4/5 years (8/10 terms). Don’t buy any book. IF you have any PCC notes read them, do not make any notes as  you will be having very few days in your hand at that time
Economic & labour Law
Mixture of tough and easy , Big and small , interesting and monotonous chapters. (everty think can not be interesting ). Again  complete  PCC chapters like Gratuity, Bonus and PF Act. better start with economic law from back i.e. money laundering, FEMA, FCRA, Trade mark, Copy right and patent Act, Essential commodity and measure and weight Act and IDRA . Leave other chapter prepare them from   the guideline answer of past 4 years (8 terms). Same with all labour  law prepare them from  the guideline answer of past 4 years (8 terms)
Securities Law & compliances
First complete issue management part consisting of 40 marks and only 3 chapters. A lot of SEBI amendment came this time. make sure u read them. Read Important chapter from book( stock market , capital market , and intermediaries)  for part A , and if no time left then the mug up guideline answer for remaining chapters

·        This study strategy is as per my consideration, that I wrote  it thinking that - what will i be  doing , if I  would be in ur position .  so alter it as per your benefit and comfort.But to tell you the truth i have studied all  apapers and chapter from ICSI materialm, as i hae enough time in my habds
·        As I said earlier, members of this site are very co operative and helpful. I case of need let us know.

All the very best for your IPCC/ PCC and CS exams;
And have a Great  life and career ahead

Remember luck favours hardwork

One should not simply depend

on luck because luck means which we get very few times.If we get many

times than it will not be said as luck.I believe in true hard work