CMA datasheet an overview

Anuraag Sharma (Sr Executive Finance) (845 Points)

17 June 2009  

Hii all i have seen a no. of members are serching help on CMA datasheet.....

to rsolve this raised issue i am trying a little here...i would be happy if someone having more knowledge on this topic can join us.....

i am attaching a CMA datasheet in excel format for better understanding...

CMA is generally asked by banks from borrowers at the time of granting them a loan.(OD/OCc/extention of Term loans etc.)
It is required only to check the Working Capital and Liquidity of the firm i.e., whether the borrower is in position of taking and repaying the loan actually demanded by them(the borrower)?

It also covers DSCR which confirms that the borrower is in enough position to meet out the exps. of Debt(i.e. interest etc.)

Some steps to fill CMA datasheet are explained herebelow:

1.Just fill out the Balance Sheet and P/l a/c (two years actual audited) and atleast two years projected.
2. Go to the area colored in orange here you find calculation of Working Capital...u have to just see and concentrate upon it as the same is liked and demanded by the banks.
        It reflects how much the borrower is capable of repaying the loan with its working Capital.

the loan usually granted to the borrower is 75% of his WC.

3. Go to the Check points and check there must not be any differences.

That's it!! Its how simple a CMA is fill you just need to fill out the B/s and P/l a/c in it in the set/prescribed format.(The general format is attached herewith) and rest is done itself!!

in case of any queries please post here......I will be happy to help.....!!