Clarification on Representation under karnataka VAT act

Sonu Kakde (CA Student & Working) (42 Points)

10 February 2011  

Hi to All,

First let me introduce, I am Sonu Kakde, CA student, just passed CPT, and i have been working with CA from past 5 years, and meanwhile i have represented many VAT/sales tax cases, and now last year during Nov 2010, i represented a case under VAT (audit) of a builders, and the case was conculded (partly favourable) but with a demand of Tax of Rs. 36 lacs. and the same order & demand notice has been served on my clients, and subsequently we have filed for rectification of the order.

But, inspite of that the department has freezed my clients bank accounts and later they have sent him attachment notice. Hence we suggested to go for appeal to get a stay on all this, but my client is not in a position to pay the 50% tax as required to file for appeal. and now that the department may take further action such as warrent, arrest etc. and even my clients are not co-operating with me and expect me to solve the case by speaking to the officer or Joint commissioner, which is not possible at this stage, i mean after freezing bk a/c. and serving attachment notice. so my question is as follows :-

a. I want to know whether as a representative am i liable for any action ? 

b. Can i withdraw my representation ? if yes please let me know the procedure.

I looking for your kind advise on this matter as soon as possible. kindly help me out...

Thanks & Regard,

Sonu Kakde