EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Claiming the carry forward tds

Page no : 2

Amrita Pillai (2 Points)
Replied 20 July 2018

while filing form ITR-2, i get the error stated as "Unclaimed TDS brought forward and details of TDS of current FY should be provided in different rows in schedule 2 ".

However I dont have any unclaimed TDS to be brought forward. How do i resolve this.

I am not able to generate XML file due to this error.

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (128085 Points)
Replied 20 July 2018

Download new Utility and try to file the ITR... You can get solution.

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (174477 Points)
Replied 21 July 2018

@ Amrita Pillai .......

Remove the figures in column 5 & 6. if any, (even '0' should not be there) from Table TDS2 as shown below...

Details of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) on Income [As per Form 16 A issued by Deductor(s)]
TDS credit in the name of Tax Deduction Account
Number (TAN) of the
Deductor
Name of Deductor Unique TDS Certificate Number   Unclaimed TDS brought   forward (b/f)   TDS of the current fin. Year TDS credit out of (6), (7) or (8) being claimed this Year (only if corresponding income is being offered for tax this year) TDS credit out of (6), (7) or (8) being carried forward
 (Col 1a) Col (2) Col (3) Col (4) Financial   Year in   which  TDS is deducted
Col (5)
Amount   b/f
Col (6)
Deducted in own hands Col (7) Deducted in the hands of spouse as per section 5A or any other person as per rule 37BA(2) (if applicable)
Col (8)
Claimed in own hands
Col (9)
Claimed in the hands of spouse as per section 5A or any other person as per rule 37BA(2) (if applicable)
Col (10)
 Col (11)
              Income TDS PAN of spouse / PAN of Other Person   Income TDS PAN of spouse / Other Person  
(Select)       2016 0                 0

jyoti (CA) (22 Points)
Replied 06 June 2019

sir i have carried forward tds in a y 2016-17 and the b/f in a y 2017-18 and the c/f the same in a y 2018-19 and then claimed it.whether this process is ok?can i claim tds in next two financial years?

Mohit gupta (Employee) (22 Points)
Replied 13 September 2019

Dear sir assessee not filed itr for the ay 2017-18 and tds is deducted this ay year this unclaimed tds credit claimed in ay 2019-20 income tax return it is possible

Originally posted by : jyoti
sir i have carried forward tds in a y 2016-17 and the b/f in a y 2017-18 and the c/f the same in a y 2018-19 and then claimed it.whether this process is ok?can i claim tds in next two financial years?

Yes, you can ......provided income against which TDS was deducted, is also offered to assessment in current ITR.

Originally posted by : Mohit gupta
Dear sir assessee not filed itr for the ay 2017-18 and tds is deducted this ay year this unclaimed tds credit claimed in ay 2019-20 income tax return it is possible

Though not possible, but you may take a chance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: