Easy Office
Easy Office

Children's Education 80-C

Page no : 2

CA. Amit Daga (Finance Controller CA. CS. CFA. CIFRS. M.COM. )   (9017 Points)
Replied 21 January 2008

Girish Please read prov carefully and try to update your self

O.D.SHARMA (DGM-F & A) (1734 Points)
Replied 21 January 2008

Only tution fee upto Rs 100000/- for two childrens U/S 80 C in School/College/University/ for two chilldrens .

Irshad (Article) (1426 Points)
Replied 22 January 2008

Exemption is available upto 1Lac for the tuition fee paid for the full time education of maximum two children u/s 80C

Ashish Barthwal (Article) (137 Points)
Replied 03 February 2008

Can a person claim 80 C deduction for the fees paid to ICAI to register himself or his son? and computer fees paid to the institution for the computer training is also eligible for the same? As the act says fees paid to any university, college, school or any other educational institutions is fully eligible for deduction. In addition, ICAI is Institution of Chartered Accountant of India and it is very well authorized.

CA Chaitanya (PRACTISING CA) (4283 Points)
Replied 03 February 2008

u/s 80 C you can claim deduction upto a maximum of Rs.100000/- for the amount paid towards children education.

CA Chaitanya (PRACTISING CA) (4283 Points)
Replied 03 February 2008

It sould be paid to a college, university or a notified institution.

Replied 03 February 2008

Is fees paid for any computer fees to any approved institutions will also claim for the deduction u/s 80 C, If they are paid to the ICAI As, only word tution fees is mention in the Act, but it is also for the full time education and the ICAI is the approved institute, moreover, it is paid for the education of the children.

(Guest)

Kindly specify children fee benefit can be exempted U/S-10 for Income tax calculation. If answer is yes than upto which amount one can avail benefit.

Please send me your reply at the earliest.

Sonu.m (Partner) (20 Points)
Replied 30 July 2008

How much amount exemption for Childeren Education

Originally posted by :Amit Sharma
" These are the points:-(1) A max of Rs 100 p.m. with a max of 2 children.(2) If child stays in hostel a Max of Rs 300 p.m. with a max of 2 children "

Sonu.m (Partner) (20 Points)
Replied 30 July 2008

How much amount exemption in Housing loan interest

(Guest)
Originally posted by :C.A Amit Daga
" sir! what is amount i claim as deduction as children education fee(not allowance) AY 2008-09 "

(Guest)

My brother is studying in 2nd year BDS & he is dependent on me. I pay his Tution Fees amounting to Rs 1,20,000/-. Can I claim the Incometax Deduction Under Section 80 C by showing him dependent on me. he is 20 yrs of age & is an adult rite now. what is the possble way out guys kindly do let me Know!

Replied 14 August 2008

Dear,

Person must be dependent childrens only(without any restriction of age), and at most two childrens are applicable for deduction, not brothers or sisters or others

(Guest)

Hi,

Iam looking for some clarification regarding Children Education Allowance.  Last week, I happened to view in a local newspaper in Hyderabad, that Children's Education Allowance has increased from Rs. 50/- per child per month to Rs. 1,000/- per child per month.

Can I note the clarification please.

Thanks and Regards,

Kezia.

Replied 11 September 2008

Children education Allowance is given for the only two legal childrens @ Rs 100 p.m for 1 children up to 2 children.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: