Easy Office
LCI Learning

Chess and exams!!!!!!!

Page no : 2

NANDHINI (IPCC) (157 Points)
Replied 23 May 2011

SUPERB................ YAR!

BUT ITS NOT TOO EASY TO FINISH A QUEEN IN CHESS.............

QUEEN (TOUGHEST QN) IS OPPONENT'S (EXAMINER'S) 

STRENGTH.............

FIRST STARTING THE GAME WITH HORSE( EASY QN) IS GOOD......

HOWEVER,VERY NEW THOUGHT.............. AND THE COMPARISON IS AMAZING......

Namrata (Spirutial Being) (1841 Points)
Replied 23 May 2011

Superb analysis

thanks for sharing

The best article by far

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15607 Points)
Replied 23 May 2011

Simply Superb, Its really a very useful n mind storming game,

We have lots of thing to learn from it

Very well explained with nice presentation.

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (16295 Points)
Replied 24 May 2011

Originally posted by : aNkuR jAin....................

Chess  and exam are the game of attention , devotion and passion.

yes thats 110% true..........

Thanks for sharing 

CA SAHIL MITTAL (JOB) (240 Points)
Replied 24 May 2011

My favourite game is chess....

I loved reading that...

Thanx for sharing

CA SAHIL MITTAL (JOB) (240 Points)
Replied 24 May 2011

My favourite game is chess....

I loved reading that...

Thanx for sharing

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114220 Points)
Replied 24 May 2011

Very Nice One...One of My Fav Game....And yes both exam and Chess are all about passion....

Dwarika Jha (CA-Final) (179 Points)
Replied 24 May 2011

WHAT A COMPARISON KEEP IT CONTINUE...............

CA Mansi Kotecha (Keep Smiling !!) (6890 Points)
Replied 24 May 2011

Nice 1 Renu ji......!!

Keep Sharing:)

dharmendra kumar (accounts) (25 Points)
Replied 24 May 2011

nice madam ---

Rachna Singh (Article Assistant PCC Student B.COM)   (49 Points)
Replied 22 June 2011

ITS REALLY TOO GOOD I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THANKS YAAR N GOOD COMPARISON

chess is really a good n nice game .

Ricky (Tax Consultant) (98 Points)
Replied 24 July 2011

It's a smartness thinking...........good keep it up.....

MILIND (xxx) (25 Points)
Replied 11 October 2011

actually playing chess is much more difficult than passing ca examinations . i am an avid player of chess and i regularly compete in chess tournaments hely in my country . unfortunately analysis presented by the person is absolutely misplaced and wrong.  in my opinion the quality of analysis and evaluations of positions involved in chess are much more complicated than that of any exams of ca .

according to me if you can compete with any high level chess player ( particularly those players of GRANDMASTER level) than one can easily pass in ca exams.

My arguments are based on following premises ---

1. If you are a good player in one sport , it helps you to develop your technique and phisique in another sport too. for example - most of the basket ball players are good as rugby or even baseball player and vice versa. their hand eye coordination gets developed with one sport and its just a matter of practice that one basket ball player play a good base ball, as he get strong shoulders and good stamina required for high level games     

Similary when you play a good chess, your brain automaticaly gets developed to such an extent that you are able to make quick calculations and evaluations easily without any problem, which in turn helps in preparing for ca exams in a much better way

i have recently completed my CS examinations (Company secretary) and got enrolled to ca examnination. It is this fact that i m confident enough that i will be able to complete my ca examination perfectly.

2. Agreed that Chess is one game which requires a great devotion, and calculative abilities, but merely this is not enough. You constantly face a prophecy, what we chess players call as "human factor". human factor such as fatigue, loss of concentration, and ability to forget certain deep calculation which we made a series of moves earlier but we are not able to remember now. tremendous pressure in big tournaments is also a good example of human factor. Its is usually difficult to cope with such pressure in high times. Pressure of appearing in CA exams is also quite high. and these so called human factor is quite evident in all ca examinations and in all walks of human life. Chess in a way helps/teaches you to deal with so called human factors. to know more about it i suggest you to read the book by GARRY KASPORAV - HOW LIFE IMITATES CHESS. It comprehensively deals with such human factors which a person constantly faces in his life and not only in examinations.

3. Chess is a game that i love . the reason for that is simply because   - it has the potential to teach life wisdoms through practical play, helps you to improve your personality quite in an amazing way that you almost like it rather than hate it .Chess has always been very fascinating for me. I think when you play chess it opens up so many other facets of your personality which one is not aware of. Logical thought process while handling a position in chess and dealing with a complicated situation in real life is so comparable. The ability to accept and deal with good and bad situation on the board and in your day to day life.  IRVING CHERNOV once famously said " OF CHESS MYSTERIES IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT LIFE IS SHORT FOR IT,  BUT THAT IS FAULT OF LIFE , NOT CHESS".  and this statement by the great chess player is amazingly true. believe me its not an exxageration.

Now i ask a simple question - how is it possible that one who is a good chess player cannot pass ca exams easily -- i ask you to learn chess and see the results . i m regular player who is appearing in ca exams just to see and test my belief and logic . hope in the end i win . not the diffculty and toughness of ca exams

TO the person who presented misplaced views ---------- Here are the principles of opening theory and I respectfuly regret that u placed some wrong views , plz dont mind it .

1. ALways decide what move first move to make , because its the first move that sets the tone of the game .

2. There are dozens of openings and styles vary a lot from positional to tactical, attack to defence. Without dwelling more or theoritical stuff i present to you the classical opening theory in chess i.e. -  centralization - attacking/defending or controlling the centre, quick development of the pieces, moving knight (what many people call is as horse) before bishops ( many people call it as camel), early castling( there are some rules regarding castling), not making a move more than once ....... unless it is absolutely necessary to do so , and lastly prevention of pawn weakness (in chess we also carry out a task of building up a pawn structure )

3. Please dont bring out your queen early --- unless it becomes absolutely imperative to do so . bringing out queen early , makes it very vulnerable to its potential attacks of the opponent and usually results in queen and match loss.

4. however always seek to develop and secure the positions in chess . if a player has secured a good "positional development "  a loss of queen is not a big issue thereafter. The game has already won by that player, and its just the matter of few key moves( and that such a player should not make critical mistakes any further). Sound Attacks are usually based on good positional development of peices.

MILIND (xxx) (25 Points)
Replied 11 October 2011

and one more thing which i forgot to state --------- that in the opening it is rook( to many people - elephant) which is much powerful than knight (horse) . and please dont bring out your queen early , as it gets very vulnerable to the potential attacks of the opponent and usually results in the development of the peices of the opponent and its early loss. the reason for that is because Rooks(elephant) can travel the entire length and breadth of the chess board and not knight(horse).

usually its the position and the situation that decide the power and the influence of the peice... but one may go according to the rule of the thumb presented hereunder -

Queen = 9 pawns ( its just a measurement , please dont go into the facts that there are only 8 pawns , for a player , in the game ), 1 rook (elephant) = 7 pawns , 1 bishop (camel) = 5 pawns, 1 knight (horse)= 3 pawns. remember that the king may not be the powerful one but it surely is the important one , as when it gets checkmated, the player of checkmated king loses.  Thanx to all

1 Like

Priyadarshan Banjan (CA IPCC Student) (22 Points)
Replied 19 September 2012

well, being a Semi Professional player myself, feels good that so many student friends of mine like Chess......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: