Easy Office
LCI Learning

Changes in study material and practice manual (2012)

Page no : 2

Jithin (Learner) (1057 Points)
Replied 31 January 2012

Originally posted by : Shrikant Subramanian

For those students who have with them Prac Manual of Jan 2011 edition...and if they are appearing now in May 2012...then is there a need to purchase Latest Jan 2012 edition of Prac Mnaula for all subjects???

Also is revised schedule of schedule VI apliacable for May 2012 exams in accounts and if no..then why should we buy Jan 2012 edition of accts??? Prac Manual coz in account s "Every chapter has been revised in terms of theory or presentation as per revised schedule VI in the financial statements of the companies. Addition of new IFRS and IFRIC has also been made."?

Hi I dont think there will be any major changes in the 2012 practice manuals. There may be a few new Q&As included, thats all..The more important factor to me is the amendments in the main book. For the changes in the practice manuals, u can download the new PMs & compare it with the 2011 edition..I dont think it necessary to purchase new PMs.

ICAI has already announced that the revised schedule isnt applicable for May 2011 attempt. The 2012 edition is revised according to the revised schedule for the purpose of Nov 2012 attemptees..I dont think we have to be bothered about that..But u may have to refer the 2012 edition for the new IFRS,etc. & other changes..I'm myself not sure about that..I think we will have to look at the list of publications & RTPs & see what all have to be done from the new edition.

CA.kaya (Chartered accountant) (3990 Points)
Replied 02 February 2012

thank u so much sir.. its very  useful 

(Guest)

Hello Chirag,

Thank u so much for sharing this info..

Nikhail (0) (240 Points)
Replied 03 February 2012

it's so confusing...!!!

friends, I've a query :-

for LAW 9th edition of munish bhandari is available in bookstores but it also requires updation,

has anyone got hold of changes in it ?? if yes pls reply..

Chirag M Desai (.) (350 Points)
Replied 03 February 2012

Hi Friends. You don't need to thank me for updating it. It's my duty to contribute if i got something which will help all of us achieve our collective goal of becoming a CA.

Now, many of you have asked for e-mail address of subject experts at ICAI.

Well Friends, I just used the "e-sahaayataa" facility of ICAI which all of you must be aware about.

You can use the following steps to raise your query about specific subject. Friends, the steps may seem very long but believe me it is very easy. You will used to it very easily after using it just once.

1. On www.icai.org on the top right click on e-services

2. click on e-sahaayataa under e-services.

3. Inside that choose the option of "post your query"

4. Scroll down and Click Enter.

5. Choose the " I am a 'student' " option and click continue

6.  In the screen that comes up fill in your personal details and carefully select the following.

7.  Under select catergory - Select Committees

8.  In the adjacent menu select "Board of Studies - Noida" from the list

9.  In the Activity option after that choose "subject specific queries"

10.  In the "select the type of the query option" after that choose the subject in which you have the query. 

Be careful to select CA final papers.

11. In the given box below write down your query

12.  carefully fill in graphical code at the end and send

13.  After you send, it will send the verification email to the email id you have provided. click on the verification link and you will get the grievance code.

14. when your query is solved, you will get the email that your query is solved. Go to e-sahaayataa page again and select the second link to verify your status and enter your grievance code and graphical code provided.

15. You can read the answer to your query

1 Like

CA Dhara Soni (Partner) (31 Points)
Replied 03 February 2012

Thanx a lott chirag desai fr sharing it.. :) :) its realy very useful.. :)

Ashok Mundavare (Student) (28 Points)
Replied 09 February 2012

Thanks a lot sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: