Change in attitude can make you win

Sneha (Company Secretary) (1594 Points)

30 November 2012  

CHANGE IN ATTITUDE CAN MAKE YOU WIN

The main factor behind quitting is failure. It may be academic or the person life.  One of the common reason given for failure is breaking up of relation which led to distraction, lack of concentration and motivation and end result is failure.

Attitude For Dealing With Academic Failure

Everyone do their best to Win. They put in their heart and soul. But it gives fruitful result only to very few of them. For others the end result is failure, disappointment and frustration. Of course failure is like experiencing hell on earth. It drives away the life force out of you. It makes you feel useless, miserable and lonely. It makes you doubt yourself in every aspect. 

All those who say take failure in your stride are talking nonsense. It is like saying take getting kicked in the stomach a hundred times in your stride. No, it isn't possible. Failure hurts.  You, me and everyone.
But there's the thing. 

Failure may be able to hurt you, but it shouldn't be able to make you quit.  Quitting is in your hands. You fail, you feel sad, maybe you even cry. But don't quit.  People who finally win are not those who don't get hurt by failure. They do. They just don't quit because of failure. They tell failure, 'Yes this hurts. But Mr. Failure, all your hurting is not going to make me quit. It will hurt for a while but then I will be back. I will try again, and again. Until I finally win and you no longer exist in my life.'

Attitude For Dealing With Relationship Failure

I see guys spending weeks, months trying to make a girl/boy happy. I see them waiting endlessly for their partners to call. The small fights matters more than your meals, your behavior with your family, friends and relatives, your bad mood affects your work, study and your own goals of life. At times break-ups even take you one step further in trauma by feeling suicidal.

Is that all your life is about? For your lover to validate you? Or to make a relationship work? Instead, why not focus on yourself - working on your goals, learning something, being a more positive person and helping others. That will boost your self-esteem far more than any lover ever could. Next time that guy or girl treats you badly, say thank you. Say thank you for reminding me that I need to make myself the focus of my life, not you.

I don’t mean that relationship isn’t important. It is in a certain way as the success gives you happiness only when your loved ones are around you to share it. But does that justify everything you keep at stake for your love. Certainly not. Your loved ones is your parents, your family, your relatives and your friends.

Remember that your goals are the best friend you will ever have. Your goals won't abandon you. Everyone else might. So, love your goals. Even if they frustrate you at times. They are truly yours. They will make you happy. They are who you are. Everyday, do something to get closer to your goals. You and your goals, that to me, is the real love story of your life.

Courtsey : Some parts of this article is extracted from updates by Chetan Bhagat