Easy Office
Easy Office

Carry forward of Loss on House Property after Sale of House

Page no : 2

Amir (Learner) (4016 Points)
Replied 01 April 2010

Originally posted by :

Amir bhai, for the preconstruction period,

where it is said that to the extent sec 24 deduction ont allowed, it can be claimed as cost of acquisition?

Bhai litle bit out of context cos the thread is not related to this subject.......:)

Interest on borrowals is deductible only if it is not allowed under section 57 - The interest paid on borrowings for the acquisition of a capital asset must fall for deduction under section 48. But, if the same sum is already the subject-matter of deduction under other heads like those under section 57, it cannot find a place again for the purpose of computation under section 48 - CIT v. Maithreyi Pai https://www.indiankanoon.org/doc/1736123/

This Link will resolve all ur doubt - https://www.vipca.net/as16.php

1 Like

Ayushraj (Professional) (125 Points)
Replied 05 April 2010

I understand that the remaining unclaimed 1/5th Interest (3 installments) cannot be claimed after sale of Flat

Dear Amirbhai please refer to the post.

/forum/do-home-loan-form-part-of-cost-of-acquisition-76641.asp

In which you have said that "part of Interest which has not been claimed u/s 24 can be added to the Cost of acquisition"

So in this case Should the remaining unclaimed 1/5th Interest (3 installments) be added to Cost of acquisition.

Amir (Learner) (4016 Points)
Replied 05 April 2010

Originally posted by : Ayushraj

I understand that the remaining unclaimed 1/5th Interest (3 installments) cannot be claimed after sale of Flat

Dear Amirbhai please refer to the post.

/forum/do-home-loan-form-part-of-cost-of-acquisition-76641.asp

In which you have said that "part of Interest which has not been claimed u/s 24 can be added to the Cost of acquisition"

So in this case Should the remaining unclaimed 1/5th Interest (3 installments) be added to Cost of acquisition.

Dear Ayushraj,

Yes, I don't see any thing against if we want to add the remaining instalments(3) in the Cost Of Acquisition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: