Career in indirect taxation

I have done my articleship from big 4 in assurance for two years in audit department, auditing mainly one listed company for the entire span of two years.

So, for a exposure in indirect taxation, I have done one year industrial training in an oil and gas company, where I had some exposure on VAT assessments.

Now after qualification, I want to grow my career only in indirect taxation, despite having a very small stint in my articleship period.

Can anyone help me as to how I should proceed for the same.

What all should I prepare for the interviews?

Thanks In advance

Replies (2)

A 6-12 month employment with practising CA in Indirect Taxes would serve your purpose for LIFE. 

.

So you have to sacrifice for just one year to enjoy the fruits forever. 

.

Hint : Don't ask for your expected salary to the prospective employer. 

With GST bill in the offing, there will be huge demand for IDT consultants. Start building good knowledge in the field....Mr Surendra's advice is perfect...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details