Canada's Chartered Accountants congratulate 2,701 candidates

shailesh agarwal (professional accountant)   (7642 Points)

30 December 2008  

Canada's Chartered Accountants congratulate

2,701 candidates who passed the 2008 Uniform Evaluation

TORONTO, Dec. 5 /CNW/ - A new group of CA students has successfully
completed what is one of the most challenging professional examinations in the world - the CA profession's 2008 Uniform Evaluation (UFE).
    "These students have taken a significant step toward becoming members of Canada's most valued, internationally recognized profession of leaders insenior management, advisory, financial, tax and assurance roles," said CICA President & CEO Kevin Dancey, FCA. "They deserve congratulations for what is truly a significant accomplishment."
    By providing the highest level of training and strong mentoring, the CA qualification program develops professionals who have a unique combination of talent and integrity that enables them to make the right decisions. "It's a combination that distinguishes CAs from members of all other financial designations," said Dancey.
    The core competencies of Chartered Accountants are buttressed by a
professional culture of career-long learning. CAs play key roles within diverse segments of our economy, including public accounting, business,government and the not-for-profit sector.
    This year, the prestigious Governor General's Gold Medal and the Chartered Accountants of Canada cash prize of $5,000 for the highest standing in Canada on the CA profession's 2008 UFE has been awarded to Xavier Richard, an articling student with BDO Dunwoody s.r.l./S.E.N.C.R.L., Montreal.
    "What first attracted me to the CA profession was the wide range of opportunities and career paths that are available to someone with a CA designation," said Richard. "Of course, the prestige and credibility of the profession were also important factors in my decision to become a CA. Richard is still making up his mind about his future career. "I would be interested in working within public institutions where I can use my knowledge to serve the public," he said. "One thing is certain, I want to make use of all the assets of my CA designation to add value to whichever organizations I work with in the future."
    The Chartered Accountants of Canada regional Gold Medal awards for the highest standing in the UFE (and cash prize of $2,500 each) go to: