Can a reg dealer issue both Retail Invoice and Tax Invoice

CA Jai Prakash Rarh (Chartered Accountants) (45 Points)

05 November 2007  

Dear All!

I am CA. JPRarh. I want to know, is it possible for a dealer to issue Retail Invoice on a particular date in one quarter and later on on another day in next or next to next quarter issue Tax Invoice, because at the time of issue of Retail Invoice following situations existing with the purchasing dealer;

situation 1

the purchasing dealer could not get Tax invoice because he had not applied for registration under VAT (Not liable, below taxable quantum)

situation 2

the purchasing dealer could not get Tax invoice because his VAT Registration application was pending (He applied voluntarily while sale still below taxable quantum)

Now the purchasing dealer want Tax Invoice against retail invoice to avail ITC

So i have following Questions?

1. can selling dealer issue tax invoice in addition to retial invoice issued earlier

2. If he issues tax invoice of later date, am i right? He is not required to pass any accounting entry in his books of accounts, beacause sale had already accounted and VAT was paid.

3. Could he get ITC for purchase made before application for registration and purchases before registration but after application