Easy Office
Easy Office

CA OR ICWAI

Page no : 2

Balaji (student) (191 Points)
Replied 15 April 2010

hi harish...i dont know y ur under estimating cwa profession..if ur interested to work in a manu. co.  better u can undergo industrial training which is mandatory as a part of course....its sure that ur sal will be less at initial stage...

but over a period of 1 year u will would have gain good knowledge abt costing etc..

only in india cwa's r getting less sal...(in the initial stage)

if u want to earn more better u should go to gulf countries ..they value both ca's n cwa's in a same position...

work ther for 2-5 yrs...complete course like cima,cisa,...

ther r many opening for cost accountant in african countries too..

u better look in icwai.org website ..in right hand corner u can look at "organisations registered for training"

if u want a job in manu. concern then u have to wait for few months..but once u get it..ur career will be good...

IN MOST CASES ONLY IF U HAVE A REFERENCE U WILL GET A JOB Quickly... 

for job in service sector u can easily get...my friend who is a b.com fresher + cleared cwa final in single attempt..got placed in a  bpo ..concern for a sal of 3.8 lacs....

if u need any concern let me know...

Balaji (student) (191 Points)
Replied 15 April 2010

i copied the below message from orkut icwai community... if u read it ..u can understood the present scenario

The reason for a cost accountant not able to get a job in manufacturing concerns could be :

a) Growth is not in proportion ....
Every 6 months institute produces cost accountants, whereas the number of manufacturing concerns available or about to be commence is not at that frequency. The Government (Central and State) has been concentrating on utilizing funds to provide attractive schemes and freebies to keep their government in rule for the next term, therefore newer projects for Development has been all time low .... Few states have an exception ...

b) Demand not equal to supply ...
Continuing from the previous point , when there are less manufacturing concerns available in the country, the need of those manufacturing concerns have already been met by the existing professionals ..... For newer pass outs, its not that welcoming at the beginning ....
Demand is less ...Supply is more ( Every 6 months...)

c) No Legal Obligation ...
It is not a mandatory requirement for every company / organization to employ a Cost Accountant. The sectors in which we can work are very limited and restricted ... and of the same, there are already plenty of Cost Accountants available in hand already ....

d) Candidates Preference ....
Even if a Cost Accountant able to get an offer in a Manufacturing concern, the preference of every candidate is different, like:
i) Job Location
ii) Salary Negotiation
iii) Other Benefits
iv) Marital Status
v) Gender (Female candidates are often not preferred / they don't prefer manufacturing organizations)
etc ....

e) Change in Culture and Life Style.
Many of the current generation, likes to be in BPO which could be in line with their social status, and society respects some one who is picked up and dropped in cabs, works in night shifts, hangs an access card in the neck.... We have to mingle with the crowd at large most of the times, personal aspirations at times take a back seat, whether voluntarily or being forced .... Only when there is a pride in the job you do, one feels great about it and enjoys being at work ...

f) Being Practical ...
When you do not get something for which you are meant for, its better to get yourself fit in to the best available ...... Not every cost accountant starts from a manufacturing concern ..... 
Many arise from audit firms, BPOs, IT companies, etc ..... Till one gets their dream job, utilize what is available to them ... 

There could be million other reasons as well ... which could be clubbed on the above classifications ....

Regards,
Karthikeyan

pls dont mistake me am not  insulting r hurting u..

i dont even posses ur qualification...am just abt to clear cwa inter....

just i thought of expressing my view...

YASH JAIN (ARTICLE) (554 Points)
Replied 15 April 2010

Hi ......My close one always tell me and keep on telling me that once u get degree u dont expect corporate to run behind u because they have thousands and thousands of choices.Its u who have to prove that u are the best choice available to them.Degree Just gives u chance to come face to face with corporates.   Hence instead of creating negative image of brand icwai its better to intorspect ones own knowledge ,experience,willings to face competion rather than blaming the icwai institue.  Boss nobody get dream job easily not even ca's u have to toil hard to earn that post.  Hence icwai as a degree is also good.  If u have age on ur side go for CA and also enrol for icwai. U will get ur icwai degree first than ca because after inter cwa immediatly comes final icwai not as the case in ca.

CMA Sonu... (Asst. Manager - Finance)   (158 Points)
Replied 15 April 2010

First.. Ur silly question brief that ur not mature enough to take either of the professional course.

Second... Please be sensible and put across the rite Questions.

And finally give a Good ignore to this one... 

Originally posted by : Harish
Take my example.  I have qualified in the month of feb this year.  Submitted my resume in more than 200 companies and consultants.  But, have not received a single call yet.  The problem with CWA is that, if you have enough experience you can easily get a job but if you are a fresher then only god can help you.  Its is more than 2 months now and i am still unemployed and worse thing is i am ready to work at any salary because "beggars have no choice".  This is the story of all my friends who qualifed with me this year.

b'coz every profession has pepl on top & bottom.

Ur Vision should be wide and Objective should be specific my dear 

1 Like

Harish (CS Executive) (386 Points)
Replied 15 April 2010

@ sonu. Everyone has right to speak and whatever i have written is based on my personal experience.  If you dont like my comments you can oppose me in a professional way. 

Suman Kumar Verma (Practicing CMA) (1300 Points)
Replied 16 April 2010

These kinds of comments are obvious and expected.  @ sonu i wish i could give you a good reply  but, neither the time nor the place is right to reply in your way.  Why i am writing these comments here, because i myself misguided by people like sonu.  Its useless to write against anything which is misunderstood by large number of people.  So, i am taking my words back. 

I dont agree with you harish . First you should change your mind set towards CWA. I am also qualified CWA AND earning a good sum of amount. I am also attached with a very good univeristy on the basis of my CWA qualification . If you were misguideded than It was your problem , please do not misguide others . CWA is quite demanding and very much equal to CA or MBA . In near future CWA will also be very much recongised in India. SO please change your version and vision as well

Hemant (Student) (243 Points)
Replied 16 April 2010

Dear Friends

Seizing opportunities depends a lot apart which professional qualification you have. I have a friend of mine who passed Inter & final exams of CA in first attempt. He is really intelligent but lacks communication skills. He was not able to get into a 'cool' MNC and finally he settled for giving coaching classes for CA / ICWA students !

Whether you are CA / ICWA, after certain years of experience it is not very much deciding factor (yes exceptions are there too), what becomes important is team managing, good inter-personal skills & communication, strong knowledge of industry and ability to deliver results.

Lets refrain from commenting on any professional course and study :)

CMA Hemant Joshi

Cost Analyst I Lenovo India Pvt Ltd

1 Like

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 16 April 2010

The First Comment By DS CHauhan is Good One !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow Him............

Aarush (Delhi) (1566 Points)
Replied 16 April 2010

given below forum help for taking decision that CA OR ICWAI

/forum/non-performing-icwai-77476.asp

Smita (CA in practice) (34 Points)
Replied 16 April 2010

Harish has said something out of his personal experience and we cannot mistake him. And Mr.Santosh Kumar Dalai, you first complete your intermediate before commenting on professionals. And where did you do your MBA by the way, in IIM or FMS eh? Don't behave cheaply.

(Guest)

As a member of caclub india i gave that suggesion to chetan, Smita Madam, i think u don't know i have already completed my cwa & ca intermediate with first attempt, aur raha mba ki bat, wo to mene KIIT University pe complete kiya hoon, aur ap mujhe yeshe kyun bola, jo bhi bole bolne do, ALL IS WELL

Harish (CS Executive) (386 Points)
Replied 16 April 2010

I agree with hemant that communication skills and knowledge of the subject also plays a very important role in getting a good job.  But, These factors cannot be the reason of why i am not getting a suitable job because nobody has judged me on these paramenters yet.  Then what are the reasons????

CMA Sonu... (Asst. Manager - Finance)   (158 Points)
Replied 16 April 2010

@ sonu.  I am a normal person and i dont think i should argue with a highly matured and sensible person like you.  Your level of thinking is very high and i am not of your level.  Your words clearly shows how professional you are.  Who the hell are you to comment upon my competence?  Its seems that you are very lucky in your career.

Dear Mr.Harish,

Though a person should be aware of both, brighter & darker sides of a profession. You should kindly keep in mind, Right things should be told..At the rite time.

I would have appreciated ur comment, if you would have said the same to a Final Pursuing student & Urging him to work hard.

Though you recently qulified , now ur a Respected Professional now.

Mail me ur resume  sk_cwa @ yahoo.com

Would be more than happy to help uu..

Blessings!

Amit Agrawal (Chartered Accountant) (75 Points)
Replied 16 April 2010

Dear Friends ,

No degree is less by nature. It is human beings who take the meanings otherwise. Due respect to be given to CWA's as they are also professionals as like we are CA's.

Was Dhirubhai Ambani  CA or CWA ?

Donot Fight. We are consultants, and both are good in their own domain.

Regards

Amit Agrawal

Nitin Grover (CS) (1228 Points)
Replied 17 April 2010

Dear Friend 

you are doing CA and y r u asking abt comparision between these two courses

CWA has changed now its CMA and as per Company Bill, 2009 CMA's have more power and value in comparision of now.

CWA can act as an Cost Auditor and CA can also act as an cost auditor after approval from CG

but CWA cant act as an CA in any case

in Market both have good Scope but the area is different. In manufacturing unit CWA have better scope then CA like in Maruti, HONDA etc but after then it have limited Scope 

you can also see so many CA in practicing and in job. But not in CWA dept.

and if you wanna do cwa do it dont worry it really have good scope in market and in UK also

so do CA and CWA both it really have nice combination.

Regards

Nitin Grover

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: