Easy Office
Easy Office

Ca munish bhandari handbook finals

Page no : 2

CA Chiranjiv Kumar (www.chiranjivkumar.com) (3141 Points)
Replied 20 February 2015

@ aashi I am done with allied laws. Only companies act remains.

(Guest)

My advise for you: Study from Latest Practice Manual, RTP, MTP.

Munish Bhandari Handbook is not sufficient.

Handbook has a poor coverage of Allied Laws.

Another shortcoming is that,For Main Chapters like Directors, the author does not exclude the repeated questions.The constant bombarding of questions on the same logic/provision waste a lot of time while doing revision.

Now, as the syllabus has amendments, ICAI will prefer to pick questions from latest Practice Manual, RTP, MTP.

Remember this, if you will study from Handbook, your score will always be in 45-50.

If you will study from the ICAI material or the Mainbook of Munish Bhandari, then only you can think of scores like 55-60.

But again exceptions are always there.

CA Anwes, CMA (Ca & CMA) (172 Points)
Replied 21 February 2015

I have asked to Bestwards publication about the release date of munish law hand book.They replied - it will come on march 1stweek

Tushar Garg (Analyst) (71 Points)
Replied 21 February 2015

I searched a lot online and found out these books for final Law by: - kamal Garg - tejpal sheth - Ajat Kaira If anyone is having any idea about these authors please comment. Please also recommend that should I go with any of the above books or wait for Munish sir's handbook. All the 3 books are about 600 pages type and I'm therefore assuming that they'll be more comprehensive than the handbook and would be lesser detailed than the 1000 page main book of MB sir. Guys, please suggest. Tks.

Ankit (Student) (661 Points)
Replied 21 February 2015

But i have heard that Sir has announced in his class that if Handbook doesnt come till feb then there are very less of coming in future time.

AASHI (Pursuing articleship) (1482 Points)
Replied 21 February 2015

main book has 760 pages. I have it. And we need not to learn all the pages. Their is a lot of repetetion.

Replied 21 February 2015

@ Tushar... MB sir book is quiet student friendly. You still have time to go through the main book.

MADHU (ca final) (232 Points)
Replied 21 February 2015

AASHI can u pls give me more details about MB sir text book.

I'm waiting for hand book from last 1.5 month & couldnot finish my law sub completely.

In CCI many suggested to go for hand book + PM. can u pls specify the number of pages seperately for corporate law & allied laws.

Now I cannot afford more than 10 days on text book. so is it possible to complete it in 10 days or I should wait for hand book

Jithin (Learner) (1057 Points)
Replied 21 February 2015

Originally posted by : MADHU
AASHI can u pls give me more details about MB sir text book.

can u pls specify the number of pages seperately for corporate law & allied laws.

Now I cannot afford more than 10 days on text book. so is it possible to complete it in 10 days or I should wait for hand book

454 pages for Company law and 306 pages for allied laws. 760 pages in total.

Yes it is quite possible. Assuming u are ready to give 12 hours a day for 10 days(I presume 10 days are in addition to the days allocated for revision), u have 7200 minutes at ur disposal for reading 760 pages. So u hv almost 10 minutes per page which is more than sufficient according to me.

1 Like

Replied 21 February 2015

Thank you jithin...Even I make caluclations same way. my avg spped is around 8 pages for 60 mins. I make my study plan accordingly in case of theory subj.

And yes 10 days I'm talking without revision. I want to finish my entire first reading before march 15. later I dont want to touch any new books & focus on my revision, in particular PM.

so jithin u suggest me to go for text book right??

And I'm sorry chiranjiv, I'm using ur thread to clear my doubts. Hope u dont mind..

Shikha (student of c.a.final ) (70 Points)
Replied 21 February 2015

i also hv munish bhandari main book .....i hv not started law yet,,....dont knw kaise 760 pages read honge

Replied 21 February 2015

shikha.. ho jayenge.. dividend chapters hai usme 12 pages hai.. but repetition is much.. 8 pages to learn approx.. Madhu.. all pm questions are covered.. I would suggest not to wait for handbook and go ahead with main book.. each day is precious.. all the best
2 Like

Jithin (Learner) (1057 Points)
Replied 21 February 2015

Originally posted by : MADHU
so jithin u suggest me to go for text book right??

Actually there is a significant difference between the old editions of handbook and mainbook(based on companies act 1956). I have both the old handbook and mainbook with me and had referred a few topics like directors,accounts and audit from both. Many will prefer handbook over mainbook owing to the fact that handbook covers almost everything given in the main book(except the SEBI guidelines). So the question is why read the mainbook when handbook covers the same matter within half no. of pages..? But what distinguished mainbook from handbook was the fact that bare act was given for important sections followed by analysis and good no of problems related to that particular section. Your level of understanding of the various provisions will be much better when u read mainbook in comparison to handbook. But I dont know whether all this applies to the new mainbook. I got the new mainbook(based on companies act,2013) only one week back and have just started reading, so cant really give an opinion. Anyways I think it will be better than the new handbook. 

So my suggestion is to go with the mainbook..And my reasons:-a)you dont know when the handbook will be available;b)Your average speed suggests that you can easily finish mainbook on time;c)my experience with the old mainbook has been really good and I rate it much higher than the old handbook.

1 Like

Ayush Gupta (Student) (58 Points)
Replied 22 February 2015

I frankly suggest to take Tayal sir's video lectures for Corporate and Allied Laws which span at around 75 hours. Make notes as sir will explain to u in the video. When handbook arrives (which we don't know when) then the handbook, notes u made and PM can go hand in hand. Sir makes u do directors topic the best. It is tried and tested in Nov 14 also..

Replied 22 February 2015

Thank you jithin. placed an order for text book. will be receiving it next 3 or 4 days.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: