Ca journey- not always a fruitful one!!

nikhil jain (CA-Final-Student) (58 Points)

23 July 2015  

July 16, 2015, the date which I have bookmarked in my brain and was hoping that it would prefix my name with a “Chartered Accountant”.

The date has arrived and guess what….The space before my name is still blank and not filled with the word “CA” which I am struggling to achieve since past 4 years.

It was my first attempt of CA Final and my fourth year of journey in CA Course, clearing all the previous examinations in first attempt, but failed to achieve the same in CA Final.

Just sitting alone for a while……after my results…. various thoughts came up to my mind and would love to share with you all….

As a normal human being, I thought that, had I studied more, the small gap of failure to success, would have filled up….But just a second; let me think up where I have gone wrong?? Why I was not able to bang it up in first attempt as I had in previous attempts? 

The mind struggled to provide with an answer. As everyone said to avail something precious you need to sacrifice some things….yes, I have gave up my college life (the most memorable journey of life) yes, I have gave up all the happy moments which others could enjoy easily…and yet I didn’t reach the destination…!!

It was a great pleasure for me after clearing IPC as I was entering the so awaited world of “Articleship”! within few months of training I started noticing that in this world there exists many cruel people…and would reach any heights of shamefulness to achieve their greedful needs and the so called “ARTICLES” are treated as “SLAVES”.

Here, my story begins. I was so excited to join my first practical sessions of CA Course- “THE ARTICLESHIP TRAINING” and stepped into it by joining a mid size CA Firm….on the day of interview I have been selected and asked to join soon. After few days I joined the said firm and still  continuing to work with.

A year has passed on and I have joined coaching classes for my CA Final-  the place I used to love to visit since I had not experienced any college life. Though the institute has allotted 35hrs of training per week..during articleship..the figure 35 has just remained on papers and was forced to work about 50-55 hrs per week..with no credit in the hours worked.

Being in the City of Mumbai, where moving from a place to place takes about hours…I was placed in an assignment which was about 2 ½ hrs one side travelling from my residence. I had to continuously work on that assignment and it would take away 5hrs of each day unutilized. Then we have to complete about 50 hours in a week i.e. 8 ½ hrs per day..nearly I have given up 13-14 hrs a day to complete the so called the articleship, thus leaving behind no strength, no peaceful mind to study well..

Now coming to the coaching classes….which I thought would help me to cover my CA Final syllabus..was indeed just a nightmare. I was not allowed to attend any coaching classes as I had to do whatever instructions are given and was threatened if not obeyed, would be expelled from the CA course. Just caring about the career I obeyed.

The examinations are few months later and my preparations were nil..When I made an application for leave for about 4 months I was denied and ended up having only 3 months time to prepare for my final exams….

It is to strange that I have never asked to spare me time for my entertainment purpose…but always I have fought to get some time to study. Yess..such strange things happen in CA journey..

Friends, my motive was not to blame anyone …but to bring out the bitterness in our system of education. I have made many requests to the institute to please help me out and other students who are suffering, as all the powers are being vested in the hands of principal.

Why does ICAI  not take care, where all the students get equal time to their practical sessions and also for their Studies.

Here are the few lines which I have always heard from my principal..and might many of them have experience too..

“You are a slave under me for three years”…The words just put me off..as the ICAI has made articles so helpless that they have no answer.

“I could ruin your life by just typing a letter to institute if you don’t follow me”- Seems nowhere less than we had made a large crime by choosing CA as a career…

………………and many more!!

I Would just request ICAI to kindly help out students in their bad times and develop a system of hassle free environment.