Ca institute current strength

Punit Govil (CA FINAL(1st grp passed) CS FINAL M.COM)   (228 Points)

30 August 2013  
Professional Strength and Growth

We have always been concerned about our global intellectual positioning. I want my alma mater to be known for its intellectual and technical strength. Our curriculum has to be globally more competitive. Our representations on international forums like IFAC, CAPA, SAFA, XBRL International and AOSSG (Asian-Oceanian Standard-Setter Group) have been helping us in understanding the curve of desired development. I am glad to inform that the total membership strength has gone up to 2,23,390 as on August 15th, 2013, in comparison to 1,92,513 as on 1st April 2012, i.e. an addition of 30,877 members during 2012-13, indicating a growth of around 16.04%. There are 55,944 CA firms registered with us as on August 15th, 2013, which include 16,566 partnership firms and 39,378 proprietary firms. It is again creditable that some 11,47,086 students are registered with the Institute as on August 15th, 2013. After the recent recognitions from IIT Madras, Central University of Jharkhand, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth of Pune and Banasthali University of Jaipur with regard to Chartered Accountants’ eligibility to pursue PhDs, CAs today can opt to pursue PhD programmes from an institution of their choice from a total of 101 institutions now, i.e. 94 Universities, 6 IIMs and IIT Madras.

We are grateful to our nation for taking an increasingly encouraging participative interest in our profession. From our side, in response, we are taking effective measures to provide the best possible professional education, training and opportunities to our members and students.

Source- President Msg..