Ca final - law - certified copies received

HARRY (CA FINAL STUDENT) (179 Points)

25 February 2016  
I received my certified copy of may 16 Law paper. I compared a particular answer written by me with the suggested answer and didn't find any error in my answer but still that answer was marked as wrong and out of 8 mks I was awarded only 4. Suggested answer to QUESTION 3(B) point No 2: a)The power to appoint additional directors vests with the board of directors and not with the members of company.The only condition is that board must be conferred such powers by the articles of company. Therefore in the present case companies AGM cannot appoint Mr.K as additional director when the proposal to appoint comes before the meeting for the first time because the companies articles empower the board of directors to appoint additional directors. Answer written by me: If the proposal to appoint Mr K as additional director comes before the meeting for the first time, the Annual General meeting cannot appoint Mr K as additional director since Articles confer power on the Board to appoint additional director. Therefore Board of directors has power to appoint additional directors if conferred by the Articles. Friends please let me know whether there is any difference in my answer and the suggested answer...I have been given a 0 for this answer and the for the other two points ie (a) & (c) I have been awarded 4 marks