Easy Office
Easy Office

Ca final help required urgently g1 / g2

Page no : 3

vivek kumar jain (service/student) (559 Points)
Replied 25 March 2013

dear satish,

not able to pm you for next 60 mins.....getting late for sleep...

if possible pm @ 9692462130

Sathish M (Management Accountant) (40581 Points)
Replied 25 March 2013

Pammi ji, Hope you have made up your mind to appear in Group 1 now. Fine, the important thing before proceeding further is to ensure, you have all the important resources at your end to get started. Standard texts, practice manual along with last 3 attempts RTP is a must. The significance of Accounting Standards,Standards on Audit and Guidance Notes is very crucial from the exam point of view, thus imperative on your part to give special focus on these. When you study Company Audit, this portion gets covered in company law too. The Professional Ethics chapter is vital in Audit, in order to secure good marks in it. Give importance to presentation in theory papers as it should impress the examiner to award you good marks. Ensure your answers carry more weightage by quoting relevant provisions of the Act where ever necessary, only if you are cent percent sure, else it should not be misquoted. If you are unable to concentrate reading from the material initially, try scribbling what ever you read on a piece of paper till you start gaining confidence. Get started with topics that are easy and interesting and gradually move on to tougher topics. Assess your level of preparation frequently by revising the topics already covered. Just believe in your abilities and be more focused plus positive, you will accomplish your desired goals. Best of Luck Sathish

Pammi (CA Job) (82 Points)
Replied 25 March 2013

Thanks Satish Sir, I will do as guided by You & Sir Keep in touch to Guide me to succeed in the exams

RAVITOSH KUMAR (Executive) (324 Points)
Replied 25 March 2013

go for first group as syllabus of first group is less than that of second group which contains Direct tax and Indirect Tax full of new amendments

Replied 25 March 2013

Extract from ICAI's publication of "HOW TO FACE CA EXAMINATIONS ?"

The Nine Study Habits of Successful Students

Successful students have good study habits. They apply these habits to all of their classes and assignments:

1. Try not to do too much studying at one time

If you try to do too much studying at one time, you will tire and your studying will not be very effective. Space the work you have to do over shorter periods of time. Taking short breaks will restore your mental energy. 

2. Plan specific times for studying

Study time is any time you are doing something related to your coursework. It can be completing assigned reading, working on a paper or project, or studying for a test. Schedule specific times throughout the week for your study time. 

3. Try to study at the same time each day

Studying at the same time each day establishes a routine that becomes a regular part of your life, just like sleeping and eating. When a scheduled study time comes up during the day, you will be mentally prepared to begin studying. 

4. Set specific goals for study times

Goals will help you stay focused and monitor your progress. Simply sitting down to study has little value. You must be very clear about what you want to accomplish during your study times.

5. Start studying when planned

You may delay starting your studying because you don't like an assignment or think it is too hard. A delay in studying is called "procrastination." If you procrastinate for any reason, you will find it difficult to get everything done when you need to. You may rush to make up the time you wasted getting started, resulting in careless work and errors.

6. Work on the assignment you find most difficult first

Your most difficult assignment will require the most effort. Start first with your most difficult assignment since 
this will require your maximum mental energy.

7. Review your notes before beginning an assignment

Reviewing your notes can help you make sure you are doing an assignment correctly. Also, your notes may include information that will help you complete an assignment.

8. Tell friends not to call during study times

Two study problems can occur if your friends call you during your study times. First, your work is interrupted. It is not that easy to get back to what you were doing. Second, your friends may talk about things that will distract you from what you need to do. Here's a simple idea - turn off your cell phone during your study times

9. Review over the weekend

Yes, weekend should be fun time. But this is also the time to do some review including consultation with a friend. This will help you be ready to go on.

1 Like

Replied 25 March 2013

Improving Concentration

• Study in a quiet place that is free from distractions and interruptions. Try to create a space designated solely for studying. 

• Make a study schedule that shows what tasks you need to accomplish and when you plan to accomplish each task. This will provide you with the structure you need for effective studying. 

• Try to study at that time of the day you work best. Some people work well early in the morning, others late at night. You know what works best for you.

• Make sure, you are not tired and/or hungry when you study. Otherwise, you won't have the energy you need to concentrate. Also, maintain your physical fitness. 

• Don't try to do two tasks at the same time. You won't be able to concentrate on either. Concentration means focusing on one thing to the exclusion of all else.

• Break large tasks into series of smaller tasks that you can complete one at a time. If you try to complete a large task all at once, you may feel overwhelmed and will not be able to maintain your concentration. 

• Relax; it's hard to concentrate when you're tense. It's important to relax when working on a task that requires concentration. Meditation is helpful to many students. 

• Clear your mind of worrisome thoughts. Mental poise is important for concentration. You can get distracted by your own thoughts. Monitor your thoughts and prevent yourself from following any that take you off track. Don't daydream. 

• Develop an interest in what you are studying. Try to relate what you are studying to your own life to make it as meaningful as possible. This can motivate you to concentrate. 

• Take breaks whenever you feel fatigued. There is no set formula for when to take breaks. You will know when you need to take a break. 

• Studying without concentration is like trying to fill a bucket with water when the bucket has a hole in its bottom. It doesn't work.

1 Like

Aishwarya (CA Final) (340 Points)
Replied 25 March 2013

Please help me too. I am in similar situation.

I have explained it here in another thread. (for some technical reason my browser fails to copy, paste)

/forum/please-help-me-decide-any-help-much-appreciated-244278.asp#.UVA701ecH0Z

am totally depressed as to what to do next. I have no motivation to study at all because of this issue. I have a exemption in ISCA (71) for group 2. below is my preparation for group 2: 1. Finished QT part of costing. Planning to leave Standard costing altogether and concentrate on other chapters. 2. Finised case laws and a bit of Valuation Proceedures in IDT 3. Finished Wealth Tax only in DT WRT group 1 1. Finished IFM in Starategic Financial Management. I am a bit good at understanding share markets and financial jargons. I used to watch lot of documentries and read economist regularly. I love this part of the CA syllabus. But wrt exams not prepared on this subject well, though. 2. Auditing is one subject I dont fear much. Went to Vikas Oswal classes. A 2 day solid peparation is all I need to pass. 3. Financial Reporting is not my cup of tea when it comes to exams. I read the misc accounts chapter (EVA, SVA, MVA, Human resources accounting etc) some time ago. Other than that I dont have much Knowledge about this subject 4. Law is the subject I dread the most. No matter how much I read end of the day i seem to forget all. Now my question is should I opt for both groups or only group 2? Since I laready have 71 in ISCA it is enough for me to get 45 in each subject and clear the group. Will I be able to work on Group 1 in the remaining 35 days? Are the subjects easy enough to be cleared with just 35 days of solid preparation. I really want to clear both groups this time and move back with my family. Am I being practical in trying to clear both groups? Please help me. I am really going mad over this issue.

Read more at: /forum/please-help-me-decide-any-help-much-appreciated-244278.asp#.UVA701ecH0Z
am totally depressed as to what to do next. I have no motivation to study at all because of this issue. I have a exemption in ISCA (71) for group 2. below is my preparation for group 2: 1. Finished QT part of costing. Planning to leave Standard costing altogether and concentrate on other chapters. 2. Finised case laws and a bit of Valuation Proceedures in IDT 3. Finished Wealth Tax only in DT WRT group 1 1. Finished IFM in Starategic Financial Management. I am a bit good at understanding share markets and financial jargons. I used to watch lot of documentries and read economist regularly. I love this part of the CA syllabus. But wrt exams not prepared on this subject well, though. 2. Auditing is one subject I dont fear much. Went to Vikas Oswal classes. A 2 day solid peparation is all I need to pass. 3. Financial Reporting is not my cup of tea when it comes to exams. I read the misc accounts chapter (EVA, SVA, MVA, Human resources accounting etc) some time ago. Other than that I dont have much Knowledge about this subject 4. Law is the subject I dread the most. No matter how much I read end of the day i seem to forget all. Now my question is should I opt for both groups or only group 2? Since I laready have 71 in ISCA it is enough for me to get 45 in each subject and clear the group. Will I be able to work on Group 1 in the remaining 35 days? Are the subjects easy enough to be cleared with just 35 days of solid preparation. I really want to clear both groups this time and move back with my family. Am I being practical in trying to clear both groups? Please help me. I am really going mad over this issue.

Read more at: /forum/please-help-me-decide-any-help-much-appreciated-244278.asp#.UVA701ecH0Z
I am totally depressed as to what to do next. I have no motivation to study at all because of this issue. I have a exemption in ISCA (71) for group 2. below is my preparation for group 2: 1. Finished QT part of costing. Planning to leave Standard costing altogether and concentrate on other chapters. 2. Finised case laws and a bit of Valuation Proceedures in IDT 3. Finished Wealth Tax only in DT WRT group 1 1. Finished IFM in Starategic Financial Management. I am a bit good at understanding share markets and financial jargons. I used to watch lot of documentries and read economist regularly. I love this part of the CA syllabus. But wrt exams not prepared on this subject well, though. 2. Auditing is one subject I dont fear much. Went to Vikas Oswal classes. A 2 day solid peparation is all I need to pass. 3. Financial Reporting is not my cup of tea when it comes to exams. I read the misc accounts chapter (EVA, SVA, MVA, Human resources accounting etc) some time ago. Other than that I dont have much Knowledge about this subject 4. Law is the subject I dread the most. No matter how much I read end of the day i seem to forget all. Now my question is should I opt for both groups or only group 2? Since I laready have 71 in ISCA it is enough for me to get 45 in each subject and clear the group. Will I be able to work on Group 1 in the remaining 35 days? Are the subjects easy enough to be cleared with just 35 days of solid preparation. I really want to clear both groups this time and move back with my family. Am I being practical in trying to clear both groups? Please help me. I am really going mad over this issue.

I am totally depressed as to what to do next. I have no motivation to study at all because of this issue. I have a exemption in ISCA (71) for group 2. below is my preparation for group 2: 1. Finished QT part of costing. Planning to leave Standard costing altogether and concentrate on other chapters. 2. Finised case laws and a bit of Valuation Proceedures in IDT 3. Finished Wealth Tax only in DT WRT group 1 1. Finished IFM in Starategic Financial Management. I am a bit good at understanding share markets and financial jargons. I used to watch lot of documentries and read economist regularly. I love this part of the CA syllabus. But wrt exams not prepared on this subject well, though. 2. Auditing is one subject I dont fear much. Went to Vikas Oswal classes. A 2 day solid peparation is all I need to pass. 3. Financial Reporting is not my cup of tea when it comes to exams. I read the misc accounts chapter (EVA, SVA, MVA, Human resources accounting etc) some time ago. Other than that I dont have much Knowledge about this subject 4. Law is the subject I dread the most. No matter how much I read end of the day i seem to forget all. Now my question is should I opt for both groups or only group 2? Since I laready have 71 in ISCA it is enough for me to get 45 in each subject and clear the group. Will I be able to work on Group 1 in the remaining 35 days? Are the subjects easy enough to be cleared with just 35 days of solid preparation. I really want to clear both groups this time and move back with my family. Am I being practical in trying to clear both groups? Please help me. I am really going mad over this issue.

Aishwarya (CA Final) (340 Points)
Replied 25 March 2013

I am totally depressed as to what to do next. I have no motivation to study at all because of this issue.

I have a exemption in ISCA (71) for group 2.

Below is my preparation for group 2:

1. Finished QT part of costing. Planning to leave Standard costing altogether and concentrate on other chapters.

2. Finised case laws and a bit of Valuation Proceedures in IDT

3. Finished Wealth Tax only in DT

WRT group 1

1. Finished IFM in Starategic Financial Management. I am a bit good at understanding share markets and financial jargons. I used to watch lot of documentries and read economist regularly. I love this part of the CA syllabus. But wrt exams not prepared on this subject well, though.

2. Auditing is one subject I dont fear much. Went to Vikas Oswal classes. A 2 day solid peparation is all I need to pass.

3. Financial Reporting is not my cup of tea when it comes to exams. I read the misc accounts chapter (EVA, SVA, MVA, Human resources accounting etc) some time ago. Other than that I dont have much Knowledge about this subject

4. Law is the subject I dread the most. No matter how much I read end of the day i seem to forget all.

Now my question is should I opt for both groups or only group 2? Since I laready have 71 in ISCA it is enough for me to get 45 in each subject and clear the group. Will I be able to work on Group 1 in the remaining 35 days? Are the subjects easy enough to be cleared with just 35 days of solid preparation. I really want to clear both groups this time and move back with my family. Am I being practical in trying to clear both groups?

Please help me. I am really going mad over this issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: